Toribash
Original Post
Racial expletives being allowed in public space.
i think that the use of the word nigga should be allowed if put in the right context.

It should be banned if people say it something like this

Fuck you , you dirty nigga. (just examples dont ban)
Shut up nigger.

but it should be allowed in context like

Hattersin the type of nigga to get pegged by his mom
whats up nigga

you guys get the jist sorry if saying nigga is illegal on forums or something but i guess it should be fine in this suggestion
i can agree with you on that i mean using in the wrong context is a bannable offense but like casual like ''hey my nigga flame'' like you shouldnt be banned for that but like hate and slanderous things like ''Fuck you, you dumb nigger'' that should be bannable so i can 100% agree with you on this one flame.
fuck 12, free all my shootaz
The issue really comes with the pasty white kids screeching "racism" just because it was and somehow still is a fairly offensive word. Society has morphed it into a much more palatable word, but for people who have trouble letting common past occurrences go, it will always be a ban-worthy word. So the real question comes down to whether staff wants to allow progression of idea and language despite a possibility to offend.

As you can tell, I agree with you, but as it's been requested numerous times before it is unlikely any change in policy will occur.
I think I might be retired.
This isn't going to happen. To summarize, hampa's stance is that slurs will not be allowed in public space and it isn't open for discussion.

Originally Posted by Gynx
Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
Hey all.

I've decided that with the current ongoing divide on whether or not 'nigga' is acceptable that I'd include the game developers in this discussion. I think everybody knows which side of the fence I sit on (having been the guy that drafted the public/private slurs rule) and whilst some people agree with my views enough people don't to the point that this is an ongoing discussion.

I have linked this thread to them with a summary of the discussion ("should 'nigga' be allowed in wibbles talk?/what do you think about the public/private ruling?").

As it stands, I think this is the best option to get a finite, definite ruling on how the staff and community treat that word in particular. If anybody should have a say on how he wishes his game's community to behave, it's the creator. He may want the staff to decide, he may want total written freedom, he may want tight moderation - that's his call to make and one we will have to respect once it's made. Normally we keep community issues like this out of the development sphere but I think there's big implications for our game/community image and target audience - something that he should at least be aware of.

Cheers.

Hi guys - the verdict is in on this one.

There's no desire to change any part of the slurs policy as it currently stands from the developer's perspective. To put this bluntly, there will be no racial slurs in public space and this is not open for discussion. With wibbles being a public board on the face of the community homepage it's hard to make an argument for it being private and as such the current policy applies. That said, it was mentioned that because of the nature of the wibbles board it would be okay to do something fun like an interesting word-filter.

Sorry if this may upset some of you, I realise freedom of speech is something that's important to you all but at the same time we have to consider the game's image and the message allowing slurs sends to newer users and prospective partners.

/ok bye