ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Private Board Control Panel
Well, a few weeks ago, I came up with the idea of a control panel in clans' and orgs' private boards. Let me show you what I mean.

Suggestion
Option One:
To replace the current method of accessing private boards (using passwords) with a simple control panel, like those seen in social groups.

It would be placed in the private board and L-Mods would manage it, choosing which members could, or not, have access to the forum. You could also see everyone who is participating of your board.

Example:

Once you click on "Manage Members", a simple page with a small control panel will show up, displaying options to add and remove members.

Option Two:
To replace the current method of accessing private boards with clan ranking privileges.

For an user to access a clan's private board, he would need to get permission from his leader(s). The leader would grant him access by toggling an option in the "rank privileges" menu. This would grant access to the whole rank, though, not just to an user.

Example:

This method will not work with organizations and other boards, for obvious reasons.

Why should we have this instead of the current system?
- Prevents leaks.
- If you add a member to your private board, you will be able to remove his access to it whenever you want to. If he leaves your clan or he is not wanted there anymore, you won't need to change the password all over again, affecting multiple users who participates of the forum.
- You'll know who is accessing your board.

It may be something complicated, but I think it is doable. I don't have any experience with coding or whatever, but this is not the part I'm trying to cover here, as I cannot. Btw, I prefer option one over two, but I decided to present you both of my ideas.

I don't think there are any reasons to not accept this method. No cons, really.

Well, anyways, thank you for your time. Please, give me your opinions. : ]
Last edited by Arctic; Nov 25, 2015 at 12:59 AM.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
It's a nice idea, way better than trusting people to keep a secret. I would recommend allowing leaders to also give access to non-members, that's pretty much because some clans have important people which are not in the clan but also help in it's organization and etc.

Someting like this

Supported
I might be way off the mark here on VBulletin's workings/constraints but to limit access in this way i.e. without password control would require separate usergroups for each private board, which simply wouldn't be practical.