Toribash
Original Post
Automated name changes
Hi, I thought of this idea that I personally would enjoy: automated name changes.

Recently I've seen a few people being frustrated by the time that it took them to get a name change from an Admin, so maybe a page in the User CP or something would be useful.

You would put in the name you desired, and if it didn't appear on a list of any prohibited words, you'd be able to change it for the price that the page would calculate.

Thoughts?
Would spare the admins(especially icky) some work none the less. Problem would have to be you'd have to find out to see how long the name you want to change to is inactive for a certain amount of time/does it even exist and afterwords change the user to the name deducting the tc or usd they want to buy with
Its fairly easy for a quick name change by just going to #support and PM an admin directly. if members were name changing way more often but since its not often enough, itll be easier to just pm an Admin.
Parrot
Would require for all of the following to be automated:
  • For our current namechange pricing (100000tc*timesChanged=total) to be automated via shopadmin.
  • For names that haven't logged in for three years to somehow be accounted for in the system - those are the more popular names anyway.
  • For names of ex-staff members (Lapsus, for example) to be excluded from the namechange system (because no, we won't change your name to Lapsus).

Sure, I would imagine this can be done. I'm not necessarily an expert, but it seems doable. If nothing else we could just have an automated system for names that are currently available and then require admins to do namechanges for names that aren't readily available (see: list above).

That said, we do have plenty of development work to be done that would undoubtedly take precedence over this - it isn't exactly a necessity for this to be done. Nonetheless, it would be handy to have.
after any change, there should be a log sent to admins, so they can check all recent name chnages,
anyway, I support this!
Originally Posted by Chirox View Post
after any change, there should be a log sent to admins, so they can check all recent name chnages,
anyway, I support this!

Same here, but if there is a player banned and they NEVER get unbanned we should be able to get those too right?
Originally Posted by Creati0n View Post
Would require for all of the following to be automated:
  • For our current namechange pricing (100000tc*timesChanged=total) to be automated via shopadmin.
  • For names that haven't logged in for three years to somehow be accounted for in the system - those are the more popular names anyway.
  • For names of ex-staff members (Lapsus, for example) to be excluded from the namechange system (because no, we won't change your name to Lapsus).

Sure, I would imagine this can be done. I'm not necessarily an expert, but it seems doable. If nothing else we could just have an automated system for names that are currently available and then require admins to do namechanges for names that aren't readily available (see: list above).

That said, we do have plenty of development work to be done that would undoubtedly take precedence over this - it isn't exactly a necessity for this to be done. Nonetheless, it would be handy to have.

it could be divided as well, by for example making regular namechanges automated (for namechanges to names that have never been used before) and for a namechange to an used name someone would have to refer to an admin.

it would still decrease a lot of the workload and keeps the programming part simple
are you shy? That's cute ;)
Originally Posted by Argxs View Post
Same here, but if there is a player banned and they NEVER get unbanned we should be able to get those too right?

That would depend on the person, some people might get unbanned from a permaban and some might not.
Yes would be extremely nice,
Don't think I'll be getting a namechange any time soon but by the amount of times I had to change it, it gets very annoying when admins took too long (of course they are busy people) but at least respond instead of going invisible that was my biggest problem even when they were extremely active and didn't go afk for more than 2 minutes.
|Evil|
I don't exist