Toribash
Original Post
@ES, do shit
This is the events board.

There are no active events. Anyone else remember the days when there were at least 3 current ES events running at once? The suggestion is simple, "start doing shit".

ES, pull your socks up. Events inspire activity (=more active playerbase), so start producing more events..

Staff response:
Originally Posted by Icky
Hi guys.

Point 1: It's the holidays for us too. We have lives.

Point 2: we've lost a few ES due to point one and real life factors outside of thiose.

Point 3: We have lives. (A repeat, but one that should never be forgotten)

Point 4: Users are free to do their own too.

Point 5: We have Christmas ones for Christmas. Pushing out events that will take up time and resources is a silly thing to do.

Point 6: We have bigger, non-Christmas events on the list that also take our time.

We felt that it was better to do higher quality events more often than recycled garbage. If the community prefers we perfect a good solid amount( i.e. not garbage) and recycled them, then let us know by discussing it like the suggestion board requires in an actual thread that's geared toward that from the start. This reads like a complaint shoved in the S&I board for the sake of stirring the pot.

Point 7: You wanna try sending out 120+ items in a MEGA CLUNKY sending system ONE AT A TIME while juggling uni+social life+holidays+family? (Plus other stuff)
Let one of us know lol, so we can forward your application to admin to those above us.

Tldr November is always quieter than the rest of the year, and for good reason. If you want quantity over quality, say so. Easy fix.

Respond to staff points.
Last edited by Ele; Dec 2, 2017 at 04:17 PM.
Hollydays are almost here. Bet you will see a lot more events out there soon
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Events got boring since the day gms died.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
The past 10 days only two es have hosted, blur and bands.(going off globals so might be wrong). 20 days back and only 3 es have hosted (bands, blur, and ping. also again i'm going off globals so might be wrong.) Whattup with that?
Last edited by Worm; Nov 30, 2017 at 05:47 AM.
Originally Posted by Worm View Post
The past 10 days only two es have hosted, blur and bands.(going off globals so might be wrong). 20 days back and only 3 es have hosted (bands, blur, and ping. also again i'm going off globals so might be wrong.) Whattup with that?

keep in mind that they're meant to host 3 times a week each.

not to mention the laziness in sending prizes as well as the lack of ST items.. all pretty shitty

sorry about the formatting,copying
from my phone messed it up

for a team who's supposed to be in-game the most, pretty disappointing.

@Insanity that's no excuse, events should be constant even if they're just small ones.
Last edited by Surge_old2; Nov 30, 2017 at 08:05 AM.
they still havent sent out all the bloody skulls ;-;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Hi guys.

Point 1: It's the holidays for us too. We have lives.

Point 2: we've lost a few ES due to point one and real life factors outside of thiose.

Point 3: We have lives. (A repeat, but one that should never be forgotten)

Point 4: Users are free to do their own too.

Point 5: We have Christmas ones for Christmas. Pushing out events that will take up time and resources is a silly thing to do.

Point 6: We have bigger, non-Christmas events on the list that also take our time.

We felt that it was better to do higher quality events more often than recycled garbage. If the community prefers we perfect a good solid amount( i.e. not garbage) and recycled them, then let us know by discussing it like the suggestion board requires in an actual thread that's geared toward that from the start. This reads like a complaint shoved in the S&I board for the sake of stirring the pot.

Point 7: You wanna try sending out 120+ items in a MEGA CLUNKY sending system ONE AT A TIME while juggling uni+social life+holidays+family? (Plus other stuff)
Let one of us know lol, so we can forward your application to admin to those above us.

Tldr November is always quieter than the rest of the year, and for good reason. If you want quantity over quality, say so. Easy fix.

I'll close this one so you can redo it after reframing it into an actual suggestion/idea.
Last edited by Icky; Nov 30, 2017 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Edits in red.
Wow, I didn't realize the situation was so dire. Now I see why ES is seeking to recruit new people.

Yeh, I'm pretty active so I guess I will Re-apply in a month (that is recommended time gap right?). I'm sure more people would host events outside of ES if they had the resources and influence that ES has.
-----
I hope they pick up some good, active, and creative candidates during the drive.

God bless 'em. We need spice in this community.
Last edited by Yuma; Dec 2, 2017 at 08:35 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Meh. I think I need to quit toribash for a bit.
I don't even care about how many events there are, it's about the QUALITY. I don't want to do some random fucking parkour map to win a Flipper 3D item and 5k TC.

Rip the 1,000$ ABD Tourney days, doesn't seem we will ever see anything close to that.
Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post
I don't even care about how many events there are, it's about the QUALITY. I don't want to do some random fucking parkour map to win a Flipper 3D item and 5k TC.

Rip the 1,000$ ABD Tourney days, doesn't seem we will ever see anything close to that.

Thats a disagreement over opinions and favoured type of events. Interchange "parkour map" with "knockout bracket" or "victory counting" and your post doesn't change or answer quality v quantity.

Also. $1000 abd tourney can be done. But you'd need a LOT more tc to hit that mark like last time. Maybe I'll set one up if it's shown to be something the community wants.