ES Recruitment Drive
---^

You make, want, cry D:

Oh well.

We'll figure it out same day :3
<~legsol> (yes he is gay he is the gayest gay furry ever)
Hm. I think you get reborn again after awhile..With no memory of past lives.

reason.
I keep getting these times where I know stuff that i've never saw, seen, or studied. an example, (background- I've never learned, or taken any form of german).I was playing tb yesterday, and this guy was talking in german, and i understood every single word somehow.. I was pretty puzzled

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

I think it what ever you believe in if its heaven or hell or the underworld or even if its some new religion that you made up just what you believe
i always had questions about this. I dont know really i believe that there is just idk i cant explain it.
If there is any form of an afterlife such as heaven/hell/reincarnation/ascension, guess what?

You won't know about it until you die. Nor can anyone tell you.

And don't cite the so-called "out of body experiences" that some people have when they clinically die and are brought back to life- these are, in my opinion, either hallucinations brought on by the brain shutting down and neurons wildly flowing everywhere, or your brain is showing you what you want to see, what you expect, upon death. These people might have been seeing blurred surgical lights, but they convinced themselves that they were seeing saint Pete standing at the pearly gates.

Also; as far as the Bible presents it, there are three forms of afterlife. The first is eternal life in heaven, given to a chosen few (cited as 144,000 in Revelation; whether this is a symbolic or literal number, it's obviously impossible to tell) The second is eternal life on earth, given to the "meek" and the "great crowd" (which I assume is the greater majority of mankind) The third is nothingness. Utter death, irretrievable destruction. It's what many contemporary churches interpret as "hell", but obviously a place where people are eternally tormented for what they were born with (the concept of Adamic sin) is a bit contradictory to a loving God. It's referenced to as things like Gehenna, in the Hebrew, which was basically a site where garbage was burned. Once it was burned, it was gone; the garbage does not suffer eternally. It's also referenced to as Sheol, which I believe was a gravesite (cba to look these up now) Revelation also mentions a "fiery lake, which means destruction", and it mentions the "dragon" (Satan/Devil/Lucifer) getting thrown in and destroyed. Not tormented, destroyed, gone, poof, vanish, evaporated, sublimated. And if the devil, who obviously deserves to suffer and burn and be tormented more than any other being in existence, particularly any other human being, is spared that fate, why would humans not be? Why would the guy who essentially fucked everything up for us get off with instant death while everyone else suffers for all eternity?

P.S.: For more of you that want to argue "OH WELL WHAT ABOUT THE SOUL CLEARLY BEFORE THE RESURRECTIONS OUR SOUL EXITS AND DOES WHATEVER"; in the Bible, soul is literally used to mean "life" or "being". Note that in Genesis, Adam, the first man, became a living soul; he was not a soul inhabiting a human body, he was just a soul. It refers to the whole being. You might have heard this version of the term used in some old sayings, where "soul" references to a person (e.g. "Those poor souls don't have any soup") Also, Ecclesiastes chapter 9, verse 5, reads "The living at least know they will die, but the dead know nothing", or in some versions, "The living are conscious of the fact they will die, but the dead are conscious of nothing at all."

EDIT: And to those of you wondering why I'm taking a religious approach as opposed to my typical agnostic/atheistic approach: I think it makes a much bigger impact on somebody when you're able to show them, using their own facts, why they're wrong. I'm not saying Christianity in its entirety is bull (I'd technically call myself Christian) but many popular conceptions (or more fittingly, misconceptions) of scripture over the past 2,000 years have led to a lot of "biblical teachings", used by many churches and denominations today, that aren't really that biblical at all.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
i think when people die they go to hevean no matter how bad they are, and they will reborn one day. the reason why people even if they are bad (in my opioion) go to heaven because every body has a place in this world. Bad people like robbers and murders and any other kind go to heaven because they learning what hatred is or they learning what killing is like, once your soul has learned everything it wants to learn it becomes a peace of god.
i think you just die, your body shuts down then your brain stops working, when the electronic signals stop firing internal and external data stops being procesed and you simpely die, with nothing more.
I don't know it's too confusing to think about it and I'm christian but it makes me think that religion is dumb so I stop thinking about that stuff.... I don't want to end up in hell cus I don't believe....

But I think that b4 I die if I focus really hard on becoming a ghost, I'll be able to have fun haunting people =D
Originally Posted by Ragdollmaster View Post
You won't know about it until you die. Nor can anyone tell you.

Saying "you won't know until you die" is begging the question.
From a naturalistic view, we can never actually experience death - only the process of dying. Death destroys the body through which we experience things. No eyes? You can't see. No ears? You can't hear. No brain? you can't.....anything. That is, unless you bring magic into discussion.

As far as science goes, we already know what happens, and first-hand experience of total death is impossible by definition.
Last edited by Odlov; May 14, 2010 at 04:50 AM.