Toribash
Originally Posted by Galt View Post
A truth is a statement about a fact. A fact is that which is true in objective reality. All truths are tautological. Get it?

While i know what you're trying to say, your definition of truth is circular...
A truth is a statement about a fact....(2=2, so 3=5?). Besides, what is a fact? That which is true in objective reality. What is true?

A better definition would be: a property of a statement to accurately reflect reality (objective or subjective, if you make the distinction).
I wouldn't exactly call it a 'religeon'.. xD
OMG, a Bird? No - a Plane? Hell Noo, it's a flying camel! I Lieek Zeebwaz - Rawr. >;3
If it is a religion, all of its members would either be stoned, drunk, or weird.
Ninja Samurai Warrior White Belt Holding a Bottle Of WKD.
@xWKD Brilliant you just made my day.

About this topic, well.... I've seen some pretty weird things try and become a religion, for example The tube (the deity being a toilet roll tube decorated with pipe cleaners).

And then there's the weird religions that are.

Pastafarian - To worship the flying spaghetti monster.
The religion of the invisible pink unicorn.

Now there's this. My view is as follows. Why the hell not?

To talk about Buddhism though, you say that Gotamha Buddha is a supreme man. I negate your point. Buddha was just the first to reach enlightenment. People didn't follow him, they were already on the path before him. Therefore there is no idealistic way to show that the first Buddha is a supreme being. Shortly after him you have the laughing Buddha, he's no supreme being either. They were just people on the same path, on just reached the end first.

Heavy metal, if it wanted, could be a religion. I wouldn't follow it mind you, Scientology is my belief. However if someone worshipped metal as much as I know it can then metal can be a religion.
"We are the music-makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
Arthur William Edgar O'Shaughnessy
I thought "National Day of Slayer" was funny as a pun, but this is silly.

You can't say metal has a larger culture than any of those other genres.

As for the rest of it, sure, you can try to find meaning through Slayer. Good luck.
what a moronic fucking idea.

Only metalheads could possibly come up with something this stupid.
How the f is this even legal for a holiday? Kill your neighbors dog!! I mean police can arrest them for that and blasting slayer everywhere is just dumb cause your boss is gonna think ur a retard who doesn't give a shi an sorry for horrible grammar i just think that whoever participate in this event have no life and hate themselves or just wanna know how it feels to be hated and noticed.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Originally Posted by Manxie View Post
To talk about Buddhism though, you say that Gotamha Buddha is a supreme man. I negate your point. Buddha was just the first to reach enlightenment. People didn't follow him, they were already on the path before him. Therefore there is no idealistic way to show that the first Buddha is a supreme being. Shortly after him you have the laughing Buddha, he's no supreme being either. They were just people on the same path, on just reached the end first.

They reached enlightenment. They are therefore supreme. Derp.
Originally Posted by Manxie View Post
I wouldn't follow it mind you, Scientology is my belief.

I just vomited in my mouth.

Also @ Odlov; the 'tautological' part of my definition explained exactly that.
Last edited by Galt; May 17, 2010 at 08:28 AM.
[doc]
Originally Posted by Galt View Post
They reached enlightenment. They are therefore supreme. Derp.

I just vomited in my mouth.

Also @ Odlov; the 'tautological' part of my definition explained exactly that.

Lol'd fair hard, also where was the tautology?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post
Lol'd fair hard, also where was the tautology?

That all truths are tautological of reality. If it's a falshood and not a truth then it is the opposite of a tautology, it's a self contradiction. Do you understand what I'm trying (badly) to convey?
[doc]