Ranking
Originally Posted by Squiziph View Post
Same thing could be said for christianity. ( no offense intended )

both would have habits,customs,rules or explicitly no rules.
both would have something they believe to be supreme or holy.

I really do not see any difference, if two thirds of the world would actually "believe in slayer" :P, there would be days of worship and celebration just like we have with christianity. But i think it is because we already have this many belief systems that we will not allow for a new one to be born, especially as ridiculous as slayer.

Though maybe also because slayer would not contribute to a balance in society, and there would no longer be any control, and christianity controls this very well, based on fear of punishment in the afterlife and the "god is watching your every move" effect.

Although it is only fair to ask the question, is it really more ridiculous?

The point is that this is very likely to be meant to ridicule existing religions. (basing this off of assumptions but eh) We all know it's the atheists that mostly listen to metal (I realize not just atheists but come on), so I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be ridiculous.
And yes there is a big difference, Christianity actually believes in a divine power, unlike Slayer which are obviously just humans (inb4 well jesus was also just a man lol), that hold no kind of divine power or anything like that.

But yeah, everyone is taking it out of contrast most likely, it's just an IRL troll.
Maybe hardcore metal fans who have no life. Heavy metal is not a religion. Mettalica is.

^bullshit.

Ok - about the topic - I don't care, really. Heavy Metal as a religion... - and? You can call it a religion, you can call it HM pride. Btw the Day of Slayer doesn't make HM a religion.
Yah that is kinda like a holiday. I mean we have Bunny Appreciation Day and Bunnies aren't a rel;igion