Toribash
@zubin: I don't like bumping this thread unnecessary but seriously, thank you very much! I learned a lot from your comment

I'm kinda newbie to tricking so I'm not very used to words and terms you guys use, even though I should understand as I'm not that far from tricking world. And this makes everything much harder to me to improve at tricking in toribash so you are being of big help! Thank you for making these replays and being so specific ♥

I'll come again with another B-Twist attempt, without a hook kick this time and inverted, which means I have to adjust my body's angle in mid air to horizontal, right?
-----
seizing the opportunity to not bump this thread again, I'm posting a replay right now

it's a tricking practice. Actually this replay is old and I just edited the cork but I think it's still valid since eveytime I make this kind of replay I know I'm practicing so, at least, I think I'm figuring out how to cork properly

My main issues (that I've noticed) so far is:

- setting the cork after a previous mid air trick smoothly, which includes positioning my foot and having better control of my abs;
- abusing the cork setup when I get to it;
- make my air spins look better, smoother and more powerful (I think I "retract" my body too soon, in this case I got scared because I was too close to the ground to spread my body);
- and the last and most important, a good landing. Not just to have balance but also a proper bending to follow up with another trick, which is the main reason I don't post full tricking replays and just single ones.

Give me your opinion about how to improve, please :^)

Adding trick control practice to Tricking
Attached Files
trick control practicing.rpl (173.6 KB, 23 views)
Last edited by Lionet; Jul 20, 2018 at 02:28 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oooh this is interesting.
I like how much you analyse your own replays and go over your flaws as well as your positives.
I'll take what you said as permission to comment on a few things.
Tricking generally follows the same line of momentum. What I mean by this is if you started your replay spinning to the right, then it generally doesn't look all that great if you then spin to the left on the following trick. A great example of this is after your gainer switch (first s/t trick) you then cork to the left. There's a few ways to fix this. The gainer switch was off because you need to actually switch midair for the trick to work without messing you up unless you intend to kroc (inverse cork, but let's not get into that).

Replay shows how the switch should be executed in order to have the second swing thru (s/t) work.

Now you'll notice that I cork in a way that allows me to do another s/t if I wanted to. There's are various ways to cork that lead to different setups. Note that I slowed my s/t before corking because other wise I would have spun forewards instead of directing my momentum upwards. Just like btwists, corks are horizontal twists. And the same as btwists, they're a lot easier to do if you remain straighter.

The main problem with the replay, however, is your setup. It leads to a difficult swing thru that led to a difficult gainer switch that led to a difficult swing thru to cork. The starter is technically speaking a j-step but it's so low that it's hard to use. J-steps in generally in tb are next to useless and scoots are definitely the better choice which is funny because irl j-steps are your baby and scoots unless done perfectly suck ass.
Attached Files
gainer switch to cork.rpl (110.9 KB, 8 views)
Thank you very much once again, Zubin, you have no idea of how much you are inspiring me!

Watching your replays also gives me a lot of excitement about replaymaking in general, your launches look really smooth and controlled and your mid-air control let your momentum make you spin so smoothly too, everything makes me wanna improve and also actually shows me how much I can improve learning how to trick. Anyways thank you for your attention

Here is a legit attempt to make a B-Twist this time

Adding B-Twist attempt 2 to Tricking
-----
quick update
Attached Files
B-Twist attempt 2.rpl (315.5 KB, 6 views)
B-Twist attempt 2.1.rpl (291.2 KB, 21 views)
Last edited by Lionet; Jul 20, 2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Welcome man.

Not much to say about the two attempts, they're both very good compared to the previous ones. I prefer the 2 over 2.1 simply because it looks less forced but that's a stylistic choice on my part so feel free to disregard. As always your setups are fun to watch and it's nice to see someone with a different style.
-----
Edit:

Note you mentioned I was smooth. My tricking used to look a lot like yours but then I started having a bit more fun by never shift spacing. I do most of my tricking and parkour in TF 5 without shift spacing but I started off doing everything TF 10 so TF 5 is like candy now because it's so easy. If I were you I'd try TF 10 and just see how it feels. If you get good at it then you should find multiplayer effortless as well.

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...70#post8734070

Rather old tricking f mine but if it interests you take a look.
-----
http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=20

This is for you. Cork chaining in TF 10.
Last edited by zubin; Jul 21, 2018 at 10:32 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
again, zubin, thank you VERY much for the amazing support. I checked your replays and there are so many things I want to do now. I was well aware of your parkour skills but now I'm pretty sure I can base myself in your tricking replays as well, you're being from great help and I'll try to absorb as much as possible from your replays as a guide of how to do stuff

I'm adding my progress from today
Attached Files
tricking practice 2.rpl (500.2 KB, 15 views)

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When you landed that first trick (i actually dont know what to call it but it looks sick) and tried to go into the cork, you probably noticed that it was quite hard to get height and rotation to do it clean. That's because you landed leaning too far forward, meaning that you find it way harder to get the timing right and the height from the hip extending isn't there.

There are quite a few errors in this replay but the main thing linking them is the classic problem people have while learning tricking of not prioritising the takeoff of your tricks enough. When you take off for a trick, make sure that you can see/imagine yourself comfortably landing it and know what you want to do afterwards, because that will also affect how you want to land. Basically just plan more

Overall, it's clear that you're improving a lot and I love that you're actually listening to people rather than assuming you always know best, that's how you get to be really good.
Glimpsed
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
When you landed that first trick (i actually dont know what to call it but it looks sick) and tried to go into the cork, you probably noticed that it was quite hard to get height and rotation to do it clean. That's because you landed leaning too far forward, meaning that you find it way harder to get the timing right and the height from the hip extending isn't there.

There are quite a few errors in this replay but the main thing linking them is the classic problem people have while learning tricking of not prioritising the takeoff of your tricks enough. When you take off for a trick, make sure that you can see/imagine yourself comfortably landing it and know what you want to do afterwards, because that will also affect how you want to land. Basically just plan more

Overall, it's clear that you're improving a lot and I love that you're actually listening to people rather than assuming you always know best, that's how you get to be really good.

thank you for your cnc Glimpsed :^) I have a long way to go in tricking so I'm counting on people that can give me a little help

quick replay, it's actually an upcoming collab, probably

Adding rip off to Madman/Ukebashing
Attached Files
rip off.rpl (183.7 KB, 36 views)
Last edited by Lionet; Aug 4, 2018 at 10:26 PM.

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

here is the collab, almost done, or, at least, with its first version done

I had a lot of fun doing it and Fallen is an amazing replaymaker, this is definitely one of my favorites replay so far, gg us

this whole replay was made through Kurokaen's server about collabs (Official Collab Organization), if anyone is interested. Thanks to him coming with this idea and inviting us too

Adding Fallen Lionet - once the ball gets rolling the only way to stop it is by destroying the fuck out of it to Collab.
Last edited by Lionet; Aug 1, 2018 at 05:10 AM. Reason: not going madman/ukebashing, going to collab

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Two new Madmans: a newer version but probably still not done of the collab with Fallen it contains replayhacking xd

and another entry to pusga opener challenge, but this time I made it in time ;^)

Adding Fallionet V2 to Collabs

Adding !@@@12 to Extra Stuff
Attached Files
Fallionet (v2).rpl (849.7 KB, 21 views)
!@@@12.rpl (280.2 KB, 9 views)
Last edited by Lionet; Aug 6, 2018 at 06:48 PM.

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

not adding this to anything

just a little thing I had a lot of fun doing actually

everything before the decap is potentially a manip wip
Attached Files
Step Ahead.rpl (584.6 KB, 3 views)

Watch my Replays!