Toribash
Original Post
Questions/ Suggestions

Suggestions;
- Forum in client:
An idea that I believe will help with new members joining and actually staying is getting rid of the need of opening your browser for the forum, I think when new members find toribash and start to play there's a lot of things they don't know that requires the forum to understand which overwhelms them and their interest dies off and with that they leave. Having the forum integrated into the client puts it all in one place nicely and anything they need can be found in one window which in my head would help keep Toribash's turnover rate low.
-Tutorial:
Toribash in general is so so so extremely diverse that again new members tend to get overwhelmed and leave. Having a tutorial that touches on Tc, items, mods, the forum, etc I also believe could help with the crazy turnover rate. A much more detailed tutorial is necessary for people to actually understand the game and make them want to stay. New players join and have no idea what textures are, no idea how to get them, no idea how to get tc, no idea about dueling/betting/etc. having a tutorial that gives a more well rounded idea of what the toribash community is could really help people stick around.
-Turorial/ Challenge Uke
This is more of a fun idea that I don't believe is a necessity but having an open-end AI for Uke I think would be awesome, makes moves based off what works and what doesn't. I don't know I just think that would be so cool.
-Marketing
So this is more of an idea that I would execute when we can get turnover rates down, but an actual line of advertisements to bring in more people (kind of "no shit" suggestion but yeah)
-Dev Team
I've got a pretty good idea that you're really against this idea but a 4-5 person dev crew may be essential for Toribash. From what I know you(hampa) have always had very few developers with you with Toribash but to have the progress, enhancements, and constantly having a valuable product you're going to need more than just yourself and one person to have success to any kind of large degree(which I'd hope is what you'd want)

I understand that all of these suggestions are costly and I don't know if funding is scarce or what any issue may be but I have always hoped to see Toribash as a widely successful game and it takes money to make money.

Questions;

-Is Nabi currently open to private investors?
-With the Toribash Next Coin being a cryptocurrency using the equihash algorithm does this mean that it will also be minable?
-When can be expect a beta release or atleast when do you think you will have beta testers?
-With the new cryptocurrency how will scams be handled?
-How do you plan to obtain and keep new players with Toribash Next?

Hoping to see new, great things come from Toribash Next. Big dreams for Nani as a whole in the upcoming years! Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
Do you have a progress update or eta to a progress update? Maybe dev blog?
I'm toxic go away.
My main wish for Toribash Next would personally be blood similar to that of the Wii version. It collided with the characters and generally made things more brutal.
bird up
Will the toribash mods will be compatible with toribash next
print("Hello, World!")
Q: Will Toribash mods work in Toribash Next?
A: Toribash Next won't support currently existing mods but modmakers will be given tools to make them compatible with the new engine.

Old mods won't work without manual tweaking in TBN.

The mod editor is new. It has new joint types, multiplayer editing and a few other additions.
Last edited by hampa; Mar 9, 2018 at 09:10 AM.
Originally Posted by Natejas View Post
Questions/ Suggestions
Questions;

-Is Nabi currently open to private investors?
-With the Toribash Next Coin being a cryptocurrency using the equihash algorithm does this mean that it will also be minable?
-When can be expect a beta release or atleast when do you think you will have beta testers?
-With the new cryptocurrency how will scams be handled?
-How do you plan to obtain and keep new players with Toribash Next?

Hoping to see new, great things come from Toribash Next. Big dreams for Nani as a whole in the upcoming years! Thanks!

The ToriCoin is a fixed amount pre-mined coin. Players won't be mining for it.

Defintely a beta release. When it is ready.

Most scams should be prevented with safetrading systems and proper information on how to trade safely.
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
- Built with animations and models from the start

Just a few questions on "animations"

-What kind of animations? Openers? Flinches? Something unrelated?
-Will animations be optional for classic Toribash gameplay?
-If animations play a somewhat important role, will they be able to be modified?

someone asked what hampa meant by animations several posts ago but I wasn't able to find an answer for it and that brings us here
bird up