Ranking
Originally Posted by Eloquence View Post
If you don't use stupid emoji smiley faces, then I'm accepting of you.

lol Thanks. I do get carried with those things most of the time. I myself get annoyed sometimes by how often I use them whenever I do back reading on my own posts. I'm trying to shake it off but it's a terrible habit.
Originally Posted by DanWebb11 View Post
Welcome, illv.

Thank you, Daniel kun. I'm a massive fan of your prowess in karate. I pray for the immediate recovery of your leg.
Salutations, people of Inq!

My name is Trick, and I would like to squeeze your lemons.

My nick IRL is Timee (you may alternatively refer to me by my nick if you want), and I'm a 17-year-old college student from the wonderful set of islands known as the Philippines. I'm gonna be a junior this coming school year (summer vacay is at its halfway point over here as of today). I'm majoring in Legal Management because I'm aiming to become a lawyer sooner rather than later. I go to a private Catholic/Jesuit university that's both homely and sophisticated.

The people I know usually describe me as being a nerdy, trivia-loving, hipster-y square.

My hobbies include debating and music. I'm a member of our uni's varsity debate team, competing against other varsity debate teams from other universities throughout the nation. That being said, I absolutely enjoy intellectual conversations, especially those concerning current events and philosophical sets of thought.

I'm also a lead guitarist in an indie band that my friends and I formed in high school. My lifestyle and personality complements our band's indie vibe. I drive a cute yellow VW Beetle and I have a strong fascination with big prescription glasses. I'm also in a long-distance relationship with my high school sweetheart who lives in a different part of the country. She's gonna visit me soon, so I'm naturally excited as fuck.

I've been a member of the TB community for a solid year now, and in that span of time, I've gotten to know a lot of neat people. Two of the neatest people that I know are Fancy and HolyButler. I see them as two of my brothers in this community, primarily because we share the same interests.

I intend to join Inq because you fellows embody what I've been looking for in a clan. Close-knittedness, a perfect mix of offbeat and serious, a genuine desire to treat one another as family and look out for each other's welfare. Can't get any better than that. I strongly feel like you folks are the type of people that I'd love to settle down with.

That's about it. I'll be more than willing to answer any and all questions on Inq's IRC chat tomorrow, because it's 11 PM here at the time of this posting and I need to get some precious shut-eye.

I've got a ton of fun facts about myself that I'd be happy to share to you guys. It would be my pleasure to gloat about myself to people that are evaluating me. Kinda turns me on.

Anywho, to conclude this horrendous app, I'd just like to say that you guys are really rad, and that it would be an honor to be one of you.

Thank you for torturing yourselves by reading this app in its entirety! Take care, mates!

(P.S. Please forgive any errors in spelling, grammar, syntax, and/or punctuation. Writing an app this long on an iPhone 4 while half-asleep really inhibits one's on-the-fly proofreading abilities. I'll fix all errors once I'm well-rested. Thank you.)
fl0w
That's a very good app, as you said make sure you come on IRC tomorrow.

Until then I'm leaning towards a yes.
Wait, what
Originally Posted by Trick View Post
Salutations, people of Inq!

My name is Trick, and I would like to squeeze your lemons.

My nick IRL is Timee (you may alternatively refer to me by my nick if you want), and I'm a 17-year-old college student from the wonderful set of islands known as the Philippines. I'm gonna be a junior this coming school year (summer vacay is at its halfway point over here as of today). I'm majoring in Legal Management because I'm aiming to become a lawyer sooner rather than later. I go to a private Catholic/Jesuit university that's both homely and sophisticated.

You're a 17 year old college junior?
Gynx is a nubby nubly nub nub who nubs around nubbing
Originally Posted by eightah View Post
That's a very good app, as you said make sure you come on IRC tomorrow.

Until then I'm leaning towards a yes.

Thank you, thank you. I'll probably be on the IRC at around night time, GMT +8. Have lots of family activities lined up throughout the day, you see. I'll try to get on now though.
Originally Posted by Lightningkid View Post
You're a 17 year old college junior?

Yuppity yup, Mr. LK, sir. My peers fall into the 19-23 age range, so I'm the "baby" of the group. The smart, pervy baby, to be exact.
Originally Posted by Aracoon View Post
What are your past clans and why did you leave them?

To be completely honest and transparent, I've been in quite a lot of clans. I'll lay out all of the reasons why I left all of them, even if many of them seem arbitrary and juvenile for the most part. I joined most of the clans that I'll list below during a period of time when forum activity was my primary criterion for staying in a clan.

I left Oblivion (my first official clan; Fancy and I were clan mates there; merged with Zone and now known as Metagame) because of decreasing activity on the forums that resulted from an increased interest in Skype. I dislike Skype with a vengeance, you see. I joined Ultimate (HolyButler was my clan mate here) afterwards, but left relatively quickly afterwards due to "not fitting in" and "not being appreciated", as arbitrary as that sounds. I then joined Obey. Stayed there for like two months, but the massive amounts of wibbles-y content combined with the lack of intellectual convos eventually overwhelmed me to the point that I left. I went to Secret after that, but again, I left after a few months due to the lack of forum activity. Same with Evil, which I joined afterwards but left after like 10 days. I myself will admit that I was quite a fickle dick during this time period.

After leaving Evil, I took a two month break from TB to focus on my school work since finals were coming up. I also used that time to reevaluate what I'm really looking for in a clan so as to prevent bouncing around from clan to clan in the future.

Once finals were taken care of and summer rolled in, I decided to join Tint. I had a nice neat stay there, the fellows at Tint are really funny and wacky and all, but just as in Ultimate, I had a hard time adjusting to the collective clan culture over there. I tried my best to do so, but after a month, I just couldn't anymore.

I seem like a pretty fickle fellow, I know. I can't change what I did, and I sure as hell won't hide it from you fellows. But I've learned a lot from those experiences. I learned that when it comes to joining and staying in clans, the best way to go is to look past activity (since it just comes and goes) and to ensure that the clan you join is filled with people that you'd want to associate with IRL. Inq as a group of friends very much conforms to the latter.

I'm tired of bouncing around from clan to clan, never finding a place which I can permanently call home. After surveying Inq for some time, I strongly feel like this is the home I've been searching for and you guys are the family that I've always wanted, but never got around to find until now.

TL; DR I've been in a lot of clans and have left most of them for arbitrary reasons, but I've grown and changed and I now intend to prove to a worthy clan that I can be steadfastly loyal. I chose Inq to be that clan, and I hope Inq looks past my past and sees my potential as a worthy member of their family.
fl0w