Ranking
Original Post
Full server ping suggestion
Most of the GMtourney/betting servers get full rather fast, and alot people spam /join to be able to enter server, but what if someone ping in one of those servers, but are unable to /rec, because someone already managed to fill spot in server

My suggestion is, that if you ping, you would still be able to /rec in server, even when it is full, because if you ping in middle of tourney, you may not be able to re-enter it unless it is over, because some other people may also be using /rec or /join

i have had this problem alot times due of my bad internet, and i don't like spamming rec just to hope that someone leave server
Pinging out of a full lobby.
Many times I have pinged out of a full lobby only to find that you cant get in anymore, and I assume others have the same experience with pinging out of tourneys and big events such as hotseats and betting servers. To counter this, I have an idea for a mechanic that would allow people who pinged to enter the lobby if its full, as long as you arent banned from the server or didn't disconnect from the server on their will you would be able to join.

Basically if you ping, you have 5 minutes with the ability to enter the server if it is full and you are not banned from the server. This allows people who actually want to be there but cannot because of the full server to enter back in again because of the once in a while pings that could happen to any player randomly.
I really see no reason why not?.. Although this issue is so small I wouldn't really have to much concern about it.
right on
Originally Posted by trickbob View Post
I really see no reason why not?.. Although this issue is so small I wouldn't really have to much concern about it.

They could have had won the gmtourney,but lost because of the 'small issue'
I see this helping people back in.So they should be able to return even if the last spot gets filled.
Are you living the life you really want?
This has happend to me many times. So basically what your thinking is a Reserved spot for pingers?

~Supported
all systems go, sun hasn't died. Deep in my soul, straight from inside. if it's destined. It doesn't automatically happen, do it.
I'd be concerned about people letting friends in by force pinging, letting them join, the entering again. Or trolls doing it to fill server way past it's limit after a global or something. This might be more trouble than it's worth. There's so many tourneys going on nowadays that if you miss one, chance are there'll be another in 5 minutes.
Last edited by Lazors; Sep 4, 2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Please do not write in bold characters.
We need to strengthen our roots and bloom the inner flowers that represent our minds. We are not beasts. Not savages, but men.- PeaceKeeper62