Toribash
Original Post
Compromised accounts.
What are with all these compromised accounts? Marci6, who was a GM, and my friend was banned. Lots of other accounts were banned too. Is it tbashboi, or whatever his name is? How can the users, us, help?
i suck
Tbashboi is hacking accounts (marci,war_hero,etc.)

Staff say they have it under control (Not true at all)
To help you can not add anyone fishy on skype, don't make shady deals last i talked to him tbash was selling tc at a 30k=1$, leave the staff who are working on the problem alone and if you see 1qi void forces on the market don't fucking buy them
Last edited by Pimp; Feb 22, 2016 at 02:57 PM.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Going to give a short statement that the rest of the staff will hopefully agree with me in. We are handling it to the best of our degree.

We do not have a definite answer on who the person(s) are/is. There are theories in the air that the staff are discussing, but they're just theories, and are not at liberty to be discussed publicly. What you can do to help is make sure you're keeping your accounts safe. We're all human and we tend to over-look something like this. "How can this possibly happen to me", is what everything probably thinks to themselves, but it can. From now on, make sure you are updating your passwords AT LEAST at a bi-monthly scale (I recommend more frequently).

Tell your friends and tell your friends' friends. The last PW changed was forced, but it's not going to stay like that forever. Get in the habit of changing your passes. That is the number one way to help.

If anything seems to good to be true and on the fishy side, contact me or anything other staff member.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by ed View Post
From now on, make sure you are updating your passwords AT LEAST at a bi-monthly scale (I recommend more frequently).

Holy shit, what the heck happened? 14 day password expiry if not more? Has/is the forum database been attacked? Is IP checking no longer done?

This sounds like a lot bigger problem than just "some people got fished" (not that I believe War_Hero would have been fished by some "free tc" scam anyway...). Is there anything else you can tell us? If there was a database breach then more than just passwords are at risk?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Thanks for all the answers. But, ImmortalPig, you might be right. They would tell us more if it was just phishing, because theres more information you can from there, and it scares the public less then a database breach would.

Another reason, is that its been 5 hours and nobody responded to you.
-----
Also, you need a hacker, to beat a hacker.
Last edited by calumfionn; Feb 22, 2016 at 10:46 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
i suck
Doubt you need a hacker to beat a hacker, only person whos helped so far is SHJZ to change our passwords
He's not a hacker.

He obviously bruteforced it with that old PW leak.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
He's not a hacker.

PW were leaked before?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
He's not a hacker.

But there was a forced password change and he was still managing to get into accounts.
-----
Originally Posted by ed View Post
long shit

So the solution now is to constantly update our passwords? It's a pretty half assed solution, and users are pretty worried right now of their accounts being taken over since staff is keeping everything in secret, and constantly closing discussions on it.
Last edited by Tourneymun; Feb 23, 2016 at 01:56 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
You opened the SpaghettiO's, now you gotta sniff them.