Toribash
Original Post
[request]help with blender project
heres the deal, i use blender regularly and i recently got a great idea to try and work out ways to mimic toribash features in it, allowing players without access to shaders to produce similar renders and other things. i thought to myself, why spend days of restless number crunching when i can simply release my little project to the people of toribash? im hoping i can get as much help as i need from you guys and gals in this little undertaking. im looking forward to help from people such as avwave, or other masters of blender, and scripting if need be. below is the rundown of features i hope to mimic; in any way, including simple settings like AO or specular. i have no scripting experience whatsoever, but im somewhat experienced with blender itself and render settings (look at my avvy ^_^). here is the rundown:

Easy:
rigged tori model. done! (thanks to foodeater and avwave)
Medium:
shaders. done (hoping avwave will let me know how lol)
particle system. not worth doing
Hard:
particle texturing system. not done
similar ragdoll physics. done (results are horrendous xD)
Seemingly impossible:
importing replay files (models, animations, flames). done (eagerly awaiting avwaves files)

Mods, feel free to move this thread to anywhere it fits, but please im begging you do not move it to wibbles
Last edited by Deridor; Feb 17, 2010 at 07:54 PM.

Well, I'll let this hang around unless I figure a better place. That or someone else does.
Clan Blood Leader
shaders
--done *sort of*, first iteration of the blender previewer had "shaders" (my custom ones, bloom, motion blur and nightshade)

particle system. not done (not well at least)
--not worth doing in blender, but lets see when 2.5 come out if the particle system would be robust enough for the game engine

similar ragdoll physics. not done (i suck at this)
--done, but with horrible results (amusing though)

importing replay files (models, animations, flames). not done (flames not needed but wanted):
--probably the easiest one. did this back last year. if i remember where i put the sourcefiles, i can recreate it with environment and body mods.
im real glad avwave got to this! done with everything except the particle texturing (i can make somewhat similar flames to ingame just not the special effects and such) and awaiting shader data and replay sourcefiles! this is going to be great! thanks again avwave