ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[NEED] Good GI Renderer for Blender
like the title says, i need a good free GI renderer that works with blender. i also need to be able to sell the images (indigo is awesome, but its illegal to sell renders ) in a forum shop. ive tried yafaray, but i cant get it to work. if yafaray is the best, please tell me good settings for some basic GI (look at nasukes c4d renders for the quality im looking for). if you dont know what GI is, why are you reading this? xD

I am reading this cuase i thought it may explain what a GI is... lol... if its a kind of 3D image then i suggest something like Python to code it better so Blender works better for you... no i have NO idea how to do this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mammary Gland Holders of the Humanoid Lifeforms Commonly Known As, Homo Sapiens.
lol stalker. GI means Global Illumination. its basically a way of lighting that looks incredibly smooth and nice. basically, GI looks like tb shaders (kinda)

oooo ok. and you heard my song so you know the truth lols.
might i suggest a lightmapping in maya?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mammary Gland Holders of the Humanoid Lifeforms Commonly Known As, Homo Sapiens.
"wha?" ok i said wha... anyway you could lightmap it in something like maya then export the lightmap into something like Unity or Blender then do that... it makes the lighting natural and cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by deridor View Post
like the title says, i need a good free GI renderer that works with blender. i also need to be able to sell the images (indigo is awesome, but its illegal to sell renders ) in a forum shop. ive tried yafaray, but i cant get it to work. if yafaray is the best, please tell me good settings for some basic GI (look at nasukes c4d renders for the quality im looking for). if you dont know what GI is, why are you reading this? xD

^^ umm ya........

you can get UNITY for FREE AS IN BEER from www.unity3d.com you can lightmap AND make games there... how cool is that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yaf(a)ray as of the latest version needs a script in blender for it to run (also found in the download page)

irradiance is also good also kerkythea

also

i also need to be able to sell the images (indigo is awesome, but its illegal to sell renders ) in a forum shop

what are you talking about?