Toribash
Original Post
[R] opinions on web browsers
i need opinions on what web browser i should use. i like internet explorer and havent really run into any problems, but i hear people everywhere saying not to use it

why not? and whats the best one to use?

im running windows xp btw

I use Firefox and I find it to be much better.

Trust me once you get used to the differences you'll like it more. It also has a whole bunch of add-ons that let you customize your browsers appearance, organize bookmarks, toolbars for sites like Twitter and Facebook. All kinds of stuff.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
Theres alot talking about, ''mozilla is faster'' n stuff, but i like mozilla more because it looks cooler and u can customize it ;)
google chrome is what i use but it takes more memory to run than firefox does or internet explorer does.

though it loads way faster than firefox, if you dont want to get a virus i would suggest downloading either one of those though as they help prevent getting viruses
You don't say?
I'm running Opera. It's the fastest one out there, but the latest updates are a little buggy at times. Overall I highly recommend it over all the others I have tried. Firefox was good but recently it's gotten worse. IE is just plain horrible. Chrome is pretty close to top spot but I like a lot of the features that are in Opera. Chrome is very basic. You should really dump IE though =\.
I've never gone wrong with Chrome since I've gotten it.

Though I do run Firefox and Opera from time to time too.

It's just down to preference, which you prefer the look of and what not. Most of the time, you won't perceive too much difference in browser speeds. (though you probably will from switching from IE, honestly, it's really slow and not very useful, not to mention security flaws.)
Firefox or Safari. Both are efficient in speed and style. Though, Firefox you can customize it more, which is a plus.
I prefer firefox, its sometimes a lil slow, but it has alot of add-ons and accessories. Also, you can customize how it looks and its quite simple to learn how it ticks.
Depending on your objectives, heres what I think you should pick as a browser:

If you want speed: Pick Google Chrome, Opera or Safari
If you want extended functionality: Pick Mozilla Firefox
If you want to get fucking owned by malware and have a shitty slow browser: Pick Internet Explorer.

Personally I use Mozilla Firefox. Why? Because I use a lot of the incredible add-ons such as Bugzilla, spellchecking (Portuguese and English), adblock plus, noscript, search pics with tineye plugin, Firefox sync, gmail notifier, TOR, Priberam dictionary search tool, and some others.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi