Ranking
Wow, Internet Explorer? How oldschool.

I upgraded from IE to Google Chrome a while ago, and the change in speed is amazing. I haven's used Firefox or Opera, but Google Chrome does have some customization capabilities. You can download themes from a select gallery, there are add-ons which you can download and will add little icons to your browser for easy access to them.

Whatever you choose is going to be a step up from Internet Explorer, but have a look at GenkiSudos post to see which will suit you best.
IE- lol, I have 2 things in the history, Firefox.com and Google.com/chrome/download. but right now i use chrome.
Firefox- it looks good
Chrome- fast, functional, nothing to get in your way. one downside though, if you want to remove ONE thing from your browsing history COMPLETELY you have to reset everything.
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
IE- lol, I have 2 things in the history, Firefox.com and Google.com/chrome/download. but right now i use chrome.
Firefox- it looks good
Chrome- fast, functional, nothing to get in your way. one downside though, if you want to remove ONE thing from your browsing history COMPLETELY you have to reset everything.

No you don't. I just had a look now, go into history and there's an edit items button. Click it and you can tick the box beside which page you want to remove from your browsing history.
no, like completely. it still shows up when you type. like when you type into the top bar sites that you've removed still show up.
Chrome. If you want security then get SRIronware.

Firefox is great though. It and Chrome are about equal in my eyes.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
i use chrome most of the time, it starts up faster than ff for me.. only thing i don't like is the inability to open files when downloading and instead having to save everything, sucks alot when watching replays.

[T]
#hi

Originally Posted by Ishi View Post
i use chrome most of the time, it starts up faster than ff for me.. only thing i don't like is the inability to open files when downloading and instead having to save everything, sucks alot when watching replays.

there's a add-on for Firefox that will let you sort downloads automatically to the desired folder by type/extension. For example, you can force all .rpl files to be automatically downloaded into the Toribash replays folder. :P

addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4781/
Article: http://techie-buzz.com/firefox/sort-...downloads.html
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jun 26, 2010 at 03:26 AM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
no, like completely. it still shows up when you type. like when you type into the top bar sites that you've removed still show up.

Thats called website address autocompletion. You can delete a single item by selecting the unwanted line in the address bar (the ones that are memorized on a list) using the directional keys on your keyboard, and then pressing the Del key once the unwanted line is highlighted. That works on Firefox. I just tried it.

Info found @ http://ditoinfo.wordpress.com/2007/0...specific-item/
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Chrome, opera, firefox, and safari are all great browsers.

I use firefox right now, but I used to use Opera all the time. Can't remember when or why I switched though. I think it preferred the default look of firefox, since they all felt snappy enough to me. But I can DEFINITELY feel the IE is slower.

Since I don't use IE much, I can't comment on security, but from the posts here, it looks like that's a big one too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]