Ranking
Original Post
[Help]Java problem
So I'm trying to download java onto this computer and I'm having issues installing it. I can get the installer .exe onto my desktop, but when I run it after it starts to say "Windows is preparing install" or something to that effect, it stops and says "Error: F invalid drive"

I need help! I can't download java. Any suggestions?
A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
Which part of java are you trying to install? The VM or the SDK?
Either way, just put it in C:\Program Files\
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
This

Put the downloader into program files?
-----

It gets through the first installer part when I run it. Then when it gets to the part where it says that windows is installing in a windows box it stops and shows that.
Last edited by Jimbobwe; Mar 16, 2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
No, install it to Program Files.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I had issues with it. I used an offline thing and it ran through till the end then stopped and said it didn't work. Fuck.
The online one doesn't even give me that option.
do

Win+r
cmd
set

and then look for where it says "program files=" and see what the value after that is
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
do

Win+r
cmd
set

and then look for where it says "program files=" and see what the value after that is

If I can't even install java how am I supposed to know what that means.
Originally Posted by avwave View Post
or install as administrator

Already tried that.