Toribash
Original Post
Toribash in Linux
alright, been playing toribash in windows all weekend, no problems there, very very happy.

during the week, i'm primarily using linux, Suse 10.1 to be precise, very fully updated with apt and a pretty XGL Compiz window manager

today I downloaded and installed toribash (linux) and realized there wasn't a Suse binary!
"no matter" I thought, and attempted to run the redhat one (close enough, right?) however, it gave me the following error:

freeglut ERROR: Function <glutSolidSphere> called without first calling 'glutInit'

well, it's not like i was really expecting it to work perfectly, was I?

so, on to plan B I go, running the windows version through wine and hoping that works.
I download the installer, run it, and attempt to run toribash.exe, but curiously, i'm met with the following error:

freeglut ERROR: Function <glutSolidSphere> called without first calling 'glutInit'

it's the same one as when i tried to run it natively!

therefore, the problem does not lie in the fact that i'm running linux, but the implementation of the freeglut libraries in their latest version

the reasoning behind this is that the windows binary relies on libraries packaged with toribash, which will probably be older
the redhat distribution probably is still coded for those same windows libraries, hence the error

I realize this is a long post, but hopefully it will point out a bug that may or may not exist, especially under linux. I'll try rolling back to an earlier version of freeglut and see if that works.
Re: Toribash in Linux
Excellent!

Starts up very nicely now, with only minor complaining about FSAA, which never works on my setup anyhow.

Unfortunately, I'm getting an issue with the font being screwed up.

It's the same issue that someone had in an earlier thread that never seemed to be resolved.

Any suggestions?

Gameplay and whatnot is perfect, though, and I really appreciate the multiplatform support you give! I only wish other developers would do the same.
Re: Toribash in Linux
It is not the bug where only the blue player's font is messed up, rather, all the fonts are screwy.

It looks as if it loaded the fonts wrong, since it shows letters from the font, just in the wrong places, usually huge strings of just one letter.

I can't attach a screenshot, because the forum is hating me today.