Toribash
Original Post
Trans-Gender is ...
Recently I've noticed how loads of people on facebook and probably other forms of social media are pretty much raging about how gender change operations are ok and stuff, but I honestly just think it's fuckin weird to cut your dick off cuz you're a little bitch on the inside, like ok, you can be gay or whatever, but ffs really this is becoming a plague.

I would like to hear people's opinions on this.

Also if any moderators think im being 2edgy you can edit out whatever you think is exessively edgy.

Ele Moderated Message:
Post memorialized for its level of edginess
Last edited by Ele; Jun 10, 2015 at 04:14 PM.
People will hop on the next trendy bandwagon as it rolls along. It'll die out eventually. Morally bankrupt people like to soapbox about what's right and wrong.

Labels that don't make people feel bad about who they are seem to be the "in" thing right now.
Hoss.
Well, lately it has been "okay" to be obese, depressed, poor, anxious etcetera.
I think it's retarded that people glorify being down.
hopefully it'll all blow over.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is a really bad OP. But in general. A great topic. Being Trans to me...is a very odd case. People are starting to glorify people for overcoming struggles and being who they want to be. But what they want to be is not what they are. They can not cope with the fact that they are either A. A man or B. A woman. And wish to switch genders. I actually feel as though there are some sort of mental problems going on it the situation of you being transgender, it doesn't seem entirely right to me. If you were born a man, then you are expected to act out as a man. Sure, you may act out as a tom boy/girl early on, but that's a common thing in young children. And now, the media is praising young children around the age of 6-10 who claim to be trans. But they're much to young to make that decision.
Pretty off topic, but I think the OP should be changed to generalize being trans as a whole.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
The OP is regarding trans as a whole
:|

Also don't fuckin criticize my OP I said any moderators can change it if they think it needs to be changed
fuck
Last edited by RAAAGE; Jun 3, 2015 at 02:35 AM.
First off I'd like to point out that it's not a trend, as time progresses society becomes more open to things and people begin to become okay with being who they are, saying it's a 'trend' sounds like you're really uneducated and shouldn't be posting here for an actual discussion.

Second, I am personally transgender (inb4 hate bandwagon) and it's not something someone does for fun or for a 'trend'. It's a serious thing that makes people hate who they are, it makes them severely depressed.

Imagine going to bed as you are now, waking up and being in the opposite genders body. Seriously, take a minute and think about having to live your life when you know you're X gender, but your physical body is the opposite gender.

It's a struggle to see the things you like, want to do, how you want to act, but can't because they're afraid of what people will think of them, and worst case scenario, possibly even hurt them physically because of it.

It's just as much of a biological mix up as being gay is. It's a thing now because we're not from the 1950's. Our society (for the most part, even though it's debatable) are accepting to everyone, so people feel they can be honest about who they actually are. Nothing changed, but people feel that people are accepting enough to actually come out and be open about who they are.

A trend? Who decides one day that they're going to be depressed and hate themselves for the majority of their life for fun? Seriously? Don't start a topic, or respond to a topic if you have that mentality. It's pathetic and you need to stay out of the discussion.

(Sorry if my statement is a bit jumbled, I'm not great at explaining things)
so is raaaage fish's alt or somthing i thought the op was good also it's not a plague it's natrual selection anybody who does it to follow trends or watevs are going to realize they made a pretty bad mistake and we can laugh at them for thinking that would be a trend some people do it cause they feel like they should not have been born a male thats cool also what makes you think it's becoming a Plague. also twilight is is really cool person (I think i never met her but i here she was really well liked)twilight for gm 2015
Last edited by Cwis; Jun 3, 2015 at 02:49 AM.
If you're reading this its to late
Originally Posted by -Cyri- View Post
First off I'd like to point out that it's not a trend, as time progresses society becomes more open to things and people begin to become okay with being who they are, saying it's a 'trend' sounds like you're really uneducated and shouldn't be posting here for an actual discussion.

It's just as much of a biological mix up as being gay is. It's a thing now because we're not from the 1950's. Our society (for the most part, even though it's debatable) are accepting to everyone, so people feel they can be honest about who they actually are. Nothing changed, but people feel that people are accepting enough to actually come out and be open about who they are.

Passive aggressiveness aside, it is very clearly a trend. Trans has become a status symbol in certain circles, being transgender/transethnicity/transspecies is considered cooler than being "normal".

Unsurprisingly this trend is not limited to dysphoria, and actually extends to many other mental disorders such as aspergers, add, dissociative identity order, and many more.

Second, I am personally transgender (inb4 hate bandwagon) and it's not something someone does for fun or for a 'trend'. It's a serious thing that makes people hate who they are, it makes them severely depressed.

Imagine going to bed as you are now, waking up and being in the opposite genders body. Seriously, take a minute and think about having to live your life when you know you're X gender, but your physical body is the opposite gender.

It's a struggle to see the things you like, want to do, how you want to act, but can't because they're afraid of what people will think of them, and worst case scenario, possibly even hurt them physically because of it.

If you truly think that your own body isn't your own, you have a serious mental disorder. You are experiencing what is known as gender dysphoria, and you might have gender identity disorder. Seek professional help, it is NOT normal to feel like you are born in the wrong body, and it is not healthy to become depressed or hate yourself.

The normalization of mental disorder as 'personality traits' is extremely harmful. People have killed themselves because they were not treated. What's more, people who are 'trans' are much more likely to be at risk of other mental disorders, identifying as 'trans' is a strong indicator of poor mental health. Don't subscribe to this notion that mental disorders are ok to leave untreated.

"One study of 6,450 transgender people in the United States found 41% had attempted suicide"
This is not ok.
A trend? Who decides one day that they're going to be depressed and hate themselves for the majority of their life for fun? Seriously?

A significant number of people do - and FYI they just pretend to be trans, not depressed or hate themselves (though with the popularity of other movements, eg emo, self-hate has been a popular theme).
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Passive aggressiveness aside, it is very clearly a trend. Trans has become a status symbol in certain circles, being transgender/transethnicity/transspecies is considered cooler than being "normal".

Not even Name more than 10 people you know personaly who take selfy or don't shave during no shave November or twerk. now name more than 5 people you now personaly you have changed there gender

if you truly think that your own body isn't your own, you have a serious mental disorder. You are experiencing what is known as gender dysphoria, and you might have gender identity disorder. Seek professional help, it is NOT normal to feel like you are born in the wrong body, and it is not healthy to become depressed or hate yourself.

Cough*Googled*Cough Cough you serious bro the problem isn't that they changed gender the problem is other people picking on them for switching gender making them h8 them selfs people need to be more understanding you may say people today are more understanding but that doesn't mean people are all nice people

A significant number of people do - and FYI they just pretend to be trans, not depressed or hate themselves (though with the popularity of other movements, eg emo, self-hate has been a popular theme)

gonna finish that thought there bud? and were are you getting these statistics "a significan number of people do" again name one person you now who does it cause they feel like it
Last edited by Cwis; Jun 3, 2015 at 03:36 AM.
If you're reading this its to late
Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post
It is not okay to accept a mental disorder. There is no way to be understanding about it, because you should not be understanding about it. If you claim that you were born in the wrong body, then you obviously aren't in the best of mental states. Now. People may argue that "So you're saying we shouldn't accept people with Down Syndrome?" But that's not at all what Myself and others who make the argument are saying. Gender Dysphoria is something that can be treated, but society is trying to make people accept this mental illness. And that is not okay.

There's a huge difference between a biological fuck up and a mental disorder.

Based on your logic, being gay is a mental disorder. Well done.