Ranking
Heh. I can't get to sleep at night without some kind of electronic entertainment.
Metal is good for getting me to sleep.
I'd like to see Hulk get so pissed that he exits his physical body.
Instead of being powered by psychic energy or whatever, he's powered by ARRRGH FUCK YOU
Heavy Metal: See also Every other form of music that was started as rebellion but has been sapped by popular culture into garbage see alsoGodSmack.

Metal is great when its done right, and there are a lot of bands out there doing it right, you just don't ever hear about them. I don't really listen to it anymore, but I "get" it, and its fun while it lasts.

They yell because they are pissed (whether or not its justifiable anger.). The music is fast, because they pissed (personally I think punks do it better, word.)

If you can get passed that though, you will find many of the worlds most talented musicians playing metal music, its complex as fuck sometimes, and you have to respect that, even if it doesn't sound all to pleasing.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
I enjoy the complexity and atmosphere, I'm a huge metal enthusiast - especially of the heavier genres. I enjoy discussing metal with others but I don't in any way consider myself "different" or more special because I listen to metal, people who do - well, it's probably because they are new to metal, newbies tend to take themselves too seriously, they will grow out of it.
Prelude for time feelers
If you are a musician, then you would learn to respect and like metal.
Like how Tool and Slayer, Metallica and others have different time signatures than the norm.

It's good to listen to. All you have to do is analyze the music of which they're playing and it sounds sick. Like the guitar for instance, which is always a big part in metal for the lead bits.
And the drums are pretty much always hard to play.

But i must admit, it is a genre where you either really love it, or you really don't like it that much.
lol
Originally Posted by Peter1212 View Post
If you are a musician, then you would learn to respect and like metal.
Like how Tool and Slayer, Metallica and others have different time signatures than the norm.

The use of different/unusual time signatures is by NO means unique to metal.

It's good to listen to. All you have to do is analyze the music of which they're playing and it sounds sick. Like the guitar for instance, which is always a big part in metal for the lead bits.
And the drums are pretty much always hard to play.

The problem is there is so much post-processing that happens that just completely ruins the music.

But i must admit, it is a genre where you either really love it, or you really don't like it that much.

Or don't like it at ALL.
Originally Posted by Advancius View Post
The problem is there is so much post-processing that happens that just completely ruins the music.

I suggest to listen to a live concert of Slipknot, RATM or MachineHead.
Then retract your statement.
I'd like to see Hulk get so pissed that he exits his physical body.
Instead of being powered by psychic energy or whatever, he's powered by ARRRGH FUCK YOU
i second mister's post

Some bands are better when playing live than studio record (Slipknot, Children of bodom, In Flames <--- good examples)
<evil> srsly people forgot that most part of toribash community is douchebags... lead by shin
Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post
The thing about metal is, if you don't get it the first time then you won't at all. Metal becomes more than just music to its fans, it becomes a way of life. Metal isn't mainstream and neither are the people who listen to it and live it. Metal is usually a release for people and helps them relax and not worry about their jobs, school and all their problems and most of the time it helps them through it. It's for people who like it hard, fast and heavy. Metal is always there when you need it and when your metal, you always have friends even when your real friends aren't there.

What wise words

Full agree, i dont started directly with metal.

I first listened linkin park, sum41, then gone to soad, then disturbed, and then slipknot and others

:3
i started to listen to metal the same way, but i listen to: slipknot, in flames. i also listen to wu-tang clan, chad muska beats and i listen to some hardstyle music...>.< well, metal is sometimes good and sometimes just... no... >.<
* ego gently touches Snorlaxen's manly chest while shivering at the thought of being caught out here alone with him.
Originally Posted by Mister616 View Post
I suggest to listen to a live concert of Slipknot, RATM or MachineHead.
Then retract your statement.

Those kind of bands are exactly what he is referring to, cheap MTV products are not considered real metal.
Prelude for time feelers