Ranking
Lincoln's deification needs to be taken with a grain of salt: He was not the slave-liberation-driven civil rights hero we think of him today, which that awful-looking upcoming movie is based off of.

He made smart political decisions during the Civil War, and succeeded in unifying the states. His political motives superseded his moral ones.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
Lincoln's deification needs to be taken with a grain of salt: He was not the slave-liberation-driven civil rights hero we think of him today, which that awful-looking upcoming movie is based off of.

It's not that bad - Ebert gave it 3 stars.

edit: Didn't think you meant the one with Daniel Day-Lewis..

Anyways, let's get off Lincoln. Back to Romney-Obama. Anyone watch the debates? Romney looked damn good. Probably swayed a few of the undecideds. He's definitely in with a chance I'd say. It's pretty silly that some folks are still saying Obama's untouchable. Thoughts?
Last edited by Jim; Oct 7, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Yeah, initially I thought Obama had nailed the debate, but I think Obama kind of stumbled a bit, and was really nervous, considering he had not done a presidential debate in 4 years.

He's usually very slow, and powerful with his words, but it seemed like he was in a rush, and did not know what to say at times. Romney has a shot, but I still think Obama has the upper edge.
inq.
I was listening to Opie & Anthony yesterday and they looked at a clip where a fellow was saying that Obama was suffering from jet-lag and that's why he didn't look focused and on-point. There's probably some element of truth in that, I think.

It'll be interesting to see if he fares better in the foreign affairs debate.
Obama fucked up, he didn't even engage Romney during the debate. And because the people who go to watch these kinds of things have the brains of sheep, they will now like Romney better. Which is bad. (It's either a demon or the devil, which do you choose?)
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
It's not that bad - Ebert gave it 3 stars.

edit: Didn't think you meant the one with Daniel Day-Lewis..

Anyways, let's get off Lincoln. Back to Romney-Obama. Anyone watch the debates? Romney looked damn good. Probably swayed a few of the undecideds. He's definitely in with a chance I'd say. It's pretty silly that some folks are still saying Obama's untouchable. Thoughts?

Romney did not look damn good. If you've followed his campaign, you'll see that he literally altered all his ideas during the debate to fit it and make himself sound better.

He literally spouted lie after lie, and he called healthcare a product(insurance isn't the only think dubbed healthcare, fyi).

You could see Obama trying to avoid giggling like a little girl at some of the stupid shit Romney was saying.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Romney did not look damn good. If you've followed his campaign, you'll see that he literally altered all his ideas during the debate to fit it and make himself sound better.

He literally spouted lie after lie, and he called healthcare a product(insurance isn't the only think dubbed healthcare, fyi).

You could see Obama trying to avoid giggling like a little girl at some of the stupid shit Romney was saying.

Yeah, of course he said stupid shit. But it was effective at winning the masses.
Box - option 2 has been used once. The 21st amendment (repeal the 18th amendment [prohibition]) was created by constitutional convention.

--------

Anyways, Obama let Romney wipe the floor with him.
Obama had many chances to attack Romney, basically because of these two flaws in Romney's entire argument:

1. Why for 18 months has Romney's plan (what little we know about it) called for a $5 trillion tax cut, but at that debate Romney repeatedly said he is not calling for a $5 trillion tax cut?

2. Why won't he announce how he will fix the deficit, how he will gain money by eliminating revenue? Obama is in office for only a month, he can't really do anything about it now.
Originally Posted by EmoTeal View Post
Box - option 2 has been used once. The 21st amendment (repeal the 18th amendment [prohibition]) was created by constitutional convention.

What you're talking about is the ratification process. What I was talking about was the proposal process. This amendment was proposed by Congress.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-...d_ratification
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post

I think your perception of the debate might be a fair bit biased, since your obviously in love with Obama. If you watched the debate as objectively as you could you'd see it's pretty clear that Obama wasn't performing at Romney's level. On the day, Romney looked better. Seriously, you'd have to be a bit deluded to not recognize that.