ES Recruitment Drive
Are there multiple variations of a seoi nage ? In the demo one you used one contracted hand and the other hand was stuck. I keep hearing morote and ippon.....idk what they mean....I have everything for the judo tier but I'm missing a seoi.

Also, is there another setup to a scissor sweep ? I keep getting leg grabbed and I don't like that. Especially, if my "first turn raised leg" keeps going off course due to leg grabs.....I can't sweep. And my base leg can't kick his torso.
Last edited by iPrime; Nov 15, 2016 at 09:01 PM.
Haha! Ur mad!
Originally Posted by iPrime View Post
Are there multiple variations of a seoi nage ? In the demo one you used one contracted hand and the other hand was stuck. I keep hearing morote and ippon.....idk what they mean....I have everything for the judo tier but I'm missing a seoi.

Also, is there another setup to a scissor sweep ? I keep getting leg grabbed and I don't like that. Especially, if my "first turn raised leg" keeps going off course due to leg grabs.....I can't sweep. And my base leg can't kick his torso.

As far as tiers go we're just looking for the proper form, it doesn't have to reflect a perfect seoi nage. However these are the variations off the top of my head:
drop seoi nage - droppoing to your knees (or contracted knees) throw over the shoulder
ippon seoi nage - tall standing throw over the shoulder
morote seoi nage - you are specifically gripping arm with both hands throw over the shoulder.

But again in tiers im looking for a 2 on 1 , or 1 on 1 shoulder throw.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Can I get replays for each variation ? Besides, the demo one. You forgot to answer the other question aftter the seoi nage.
Haha! Ur mad!
I don't think you can read. Don't post here if you're not in TA.
Haha! Ur mad!
Oh shit my bad I wasn't informed ^^
-----
Here's the replays this week.

Technique Clarification Please.
Attached Files
Helf Throw 2.rpl (50.2 KB, 4 views)
Scissor Sweeping Game 5.rpl (36.5 KB, 3 views)
Seoi'd.rpl (63.2 KB, 4 views)
Sweep'd.rpl (52.3 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by iPrime; Nov 17, 2016 at 06:26 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Haha! Ur mad!
Week 2 ! This replay thread looks kinda dead.
Attached Files
Clarification 1.rpl (52.6 KB, 3 views)
Clarification 2.rpl (76.7 KB, 3 views)
Clarification 3.rpl (66.1 KB, 3 views)
Lel'd .rpl (58.1 KB, 3 views)
Haha! Ur mad!
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
Nothing technique specific in this video but it really is just a great video to watch and take in what he's saying because i think a lot of it can translate into aikido. And if this vid doesn't make u wanna get into jiu jitsu idk what will.

-----
Things that i take away from this video:

-Mental aspect is equally important, i find when im getting frustrated losing against low belts or people i believe i should be dominating, i get repressively worse in the gameplay aspect. I don't focus on both ghosts, i force techniques that just arent working that day, i sort of lose sight of the big picture.

-0:35 front headlock suplex damn!

-Find a great teacher. This is why we're here, to all learn from each other. It was hard to come here for the first time and get thrown around by iver and snake but in the same way it was satisfying to see what i hoped was possible IS possible. I learned what i could and turned it into my own style.

-3:45 knee tap!

-Focus on learning over dominating. For me, qa, TA training, and public servers are all my training rooms where i try to relax and just get creative while also sharpening my skills. Then when i go into tourneys i play for win, never risking any chance to get lifted, smashed, or dm'd.

What do you guys think?

I think with a playstyle like that you'll naturally progess at a faster rate than those that always hunt the win.
Having an instructor is important but i think it better to play against good players. necessity breeds ingenuity.
playing creatively when its only 10tc helps avoid this
Last edited by monkeyishi; Nov 28, 2016 at 05:07 PM.
Originally Posted by iPrime View Post
Week 2 ! This replay thread looks kinda dead.

1st one was harai goshi
2nd one was kosoto gake
3rd one was seoi nage
4th one wasn't a move
---
Here's two new replays:
1st one is harai goshi; 2nd one is a nice save via ouchi gari.
Attached Files
harai goshi2.rpl (57.3 KB, 4 views)
clutch ouchi gari.rpl (58.2 KB, 4 views)
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle