Ranking
Originally Posted by nmasters31 View Post
I don't know- I feel like school uniforms take away from a lot of kids being able to express themselves.

if you're worried about expressing yourself, it's not about what you wear, it's about how you wear it
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Originally Posted by nmasters31 View Post
I don't know- I feel like school uniforms take away from a lot of kids being able to express themselves.

Which is exactly why uniform is necessary. I don't wanna know what band you listen to, what politics you assign yourself with, what country you've been to, what clothes you like, what movies you watch... it's too conspicuous and bland, as if the primary purpose of going to education is to inform other people of what kind of person you are. I don't give a damn. I just want to get through the day and get my qualifications.
In Lithuania, where I'm from, 100% of schools require uniform, and only universities allow to dress however you like.
In my opinion school uniforms aren't all that bad, they actually prepare you quite well for the job since most well paid jobs do have a strict dress code. It also prevents bullying to some extent because people can't make fun of others for what they wear since everyone more or less wears the same thing.
Except others probably look better than you when wearing that same thing, clothes isn't really something people make fun of anymore, it's about looks and hygiene.
Someone who's going to judge you on what you wear isn't worth associating with or trying to impress. Yes, hygiene should be your only concern.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
I'm not saying they're gunna make fun of your clothes, I'm saying they'll make fun of the way you look wearing the exact same clothes they're wearing. Also hygiene ain't all that important while brushing your teeth is important having a shower ever single day isn't and is just a luxury we have.

Again clothes mean little to the beautiful people, if you can ignore these kids even though they'll say shit about you good on yuh, but not every kid is like this. These words hurt and tears the insides out of any young adult when they feel they aren't "pretty" enough.

I use to go to school like 5 blocks away from an all girl private school then like 3 blocks away was an all boy private school where they wore uniforms, very distracting.
Last edited by T0ribush; Dec 4, 2016 at 11:10 PM.
Originally Posted by Mallymkun View Post
Which is exactly why uniform is necessary. I don't wanna know what band you listen to, what politics you assign yourself with, what country you've been to, what clothes you like, what movies you watch... it's too conspicuous and bland, as if the primary purpose of going to education is to inform other people of what kind of person you are. I don't give a damn. I just want to get through the day and get my qualifications.

Edgy.

I wear a uniform every day, and it makes everything so much easier. You never have to worry about what you're going to wear the next day, and nobody can judge you for what you wear if they're wearing the same thing. I've worn them for the last four years and still stand by them. If you want to feel unique, accessorize.

There's nothing wrong with expressing yourself, and I get great joy out of wearing normal clothes for our charity day each month (everybody wears normal clothes, and donations are taken for a charity if possible).

About the hygene thing. If you're dirty or smelly, people are going to make comments about it regardless of what clothes you're wearing.
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
it's weird hearing "no one can judge you for your uniform"

I'm from a low income neighbourhood where just about everyone's parents make the same amount of money (using this as a sort of point of how retarded the above statement is), and surprisingly you'll still get roasted for wearing uniform, and the gang bangers roast anyone not wearing designer clothing (like True Religion chinos or Ralph Lauren polos). Idk if this counts as contributing but obviously uniform doesn't solve bullying issues. If someone is ugly or isn't capable of ironing their clothes, wearing uniform isn't going to stop them from being roasted.

Uniform is really asinine to me, because some of these schools have set uniforms that cost like $50 for the pants and $30 for the shirts. So it's not saving parents money.

I could buy cheap uniform clothes for the same amount as regular clothing so what difference does it make. At this point it's more of like a conservative way at looking at schooling requirements. There's no actual reason on why uniform is good or bad.
Last edited by Velair; Dec 6, 2016 at 05:02 AM.
damn im gettin old
Velair you defeat your own point in this post. If you're saying that in your school you get roasted for not wearing designer clothes then surely wearing cheap clothes instead of uniform would be much much worse.