people playing: 48, servers online: 16, games played: 142,876,560 Top Player: Ceytune

Toribash Community » Toribash » News
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old May 15, 2017 Original Post  
hampa
In coder land
Toribash Next announcement.
I've started to build a new Toribash version, code name Toribash Next.

While the current engine is super awesome it was written 12 years ago.

Things I want to add to the new engine:
- 2vs2, 3vs1 and brawl games
- Built with animations and models from the start
- Ingame multiplayer modding (mod rooms together)
- Ingame inventory and trading
- Run your own servers

Some technical details for those interested:
- Engine (Unity3D)
- Plattforms (Windows, OSX)
- Backend (Steam and standalone)

Economy:
- Part of the economy will be decentralised (we will have our own BitCoin type currency). This will allow players to trade outside the forum.
- The giveaway Toribash Next Token will eventually transferable to this new section of our economy.

Questions & Answers:

QA

If you have more questions, I'll keep this top post updated.

Last edited by sir; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM..
hampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1241
kikilos123

4th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Deprived View Post
You poo! I was trying to do a bro head butt! >:c
-----

There is 2 videos on tbn by Matarika, which go over a lot of things including this.

gostei muito
kikilos123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1242
Divine
8 - 6

Gamecock Feathers Belt

Looking good, can't wait my dudes
Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1243
sSLight

3rd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Liquor

toribash on console

can't even imagine the inevitably slow af control scheme
"OMG ARE YOU THE ONE AND ONLY SSLIGHT?"
Replays | Sinon | Liquor
sSLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1244
Kore
Hardkore

Black Belt

so when is tbn getting linked to neural connectors so we can control the tori by thinking?
(: lmod || Unemployed :)
Kore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1245
Sora
Legendary Troublemaker

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Liquor

Sounds scary
Team Lenshu|Anime United
Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1246
Tim0n24

4th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Kore View Post
so when is tbn getting linked to neural connectors so we can control the tori by thinking?

We definitely need this
Mother - anarchy
Father - communism
Tim0n24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1247
IBlackleon
Forumite

5th Dan Black Belt

With unity engine, everything is a model ( I'm assuming the body parts are being modelled and added in game because some shapes dont exist in the engine itself). So will you focus on visuals a little more? I've already seen the body parts are staying the same. But it is a new game and a higher performance engine. Would you consider making the character designs more realistic? They can even implement machine learning and neural networks to unity engine with muscle systems. Is it possible to have real muscles connected to each body part and controlling the movements. Or is it just gonna be a unity remake of the game?
Leon The Black
IBlackleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1248
matarika

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Evolution

Originally Posted by IBlackleon View Post
With unity engine, everything is a model ( I'm assuming the body parts are being modelled and added in game because some shapes dont exist in the engine itself). So will you focus on visuals a little more? I've already seen the body parts are staying the same. But it is a new game and a higher performance engine. Would you consider making the character designs more realistic? They can even implement machine learning and neural networks to unity engine with muscle systems. Is it possible to have real muscles connected to each body part and controlling the movements. Or is it just gonna be a unity remake of the game?

If they do that, it'd be very much unrecognizable as to what the Devs call and want "Toribash" to be, a game like that, with realism and muscles and shit, would be a good and interesting game, but would be better off being made as a standalone rather than under the name Toribash. Not to mention making a game like that would require a much more larger Dev team, and longer time. Two things not suiting Nabi's plans currently.

With the engines new capabilities, visuals will be highly customizable and editable by the community, so creating vastly different base visuals as you suggest, would just be the wrong direction, at least right now. They give you a base clean slate, may seem familiar and bland right now but eventually cool objects, textures, and mods/models will be created by the community when the reigns are handed over.

right now the most focus should be on the quality of gameplay, because that is the foundation of the game. Regardless of what the aesthetics or visuals look like, the game needs to be fun, and play smoothly or it'll just be Hot shit, gold garbage.

Consider the OG Toribash as like a "Lite App" or a Beta, to what Toribash Next is, because Next technically it's just a polished, updated, Remake, to push the capabilities of the original Toribash now that the obstructions of the old engine are gone. it's like taking a styrofoam game (stiff, bland, restricted,) and changing it to clay game, (malleable, flexible, adaptable)
Join the Assassin Brotherhood HERE

Last edited by matarika; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:15 AM..
matarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1249
DrunkMonk

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Evolution

Well said.
Amitabha
eVo
DrunkMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1250
darrenl4

3rd Dan Black Belt

The one thing I don't like are those annoying comic esq pop ups that happen when you dismember and I assume fracture and stuff. Hopefully there will be an option to turn that off
Right
darrenl4 is offline   Reply With Quote