people playing: 101, servers online: 26, games played: 142,900,224 Top Player: Ceytune

Toribash Community » Toribash » News
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old May 15, 2017 Original Post  
hampa
In coder land
Toribash Next announcement.
I've started to build a new Toribash version, code name Toribash Next.

While the current engine is super awesome it was written 12 years ago.

Things I want to add to the new engine:
- 2vs2, 3vs1 and brawl games
- Built with animations and models from the start
- Ingame multiplayer modding (mod rooms together)
- Ingame inventory and trading
- Run your own servers

Some technical details for those interested:
- Engine (Unity3D)
- Plattforms (Windows, OSX)
- Backend (Steam and standalone)

Economy:
- Part of the economy will be decentralised (we will have our own BitCoin type currency). This will allow players to trade outside the forum.
- The giveaway Toribash Next Token will eventually transferable to this new section of our economy.

Questions & Answers:

QA

If you have more questions, I'll keep this top post updated.

Last edited by sir; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM..
hampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1251
matarika

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Evolution

There will be!
Join the Assassin Brotherhood HERE
matarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1252
MariaVirgine

4th Dan Black Belt

I don't know if this has been answered, but, are flames going to work for both tb versions? Are there any plans to make them multiplatform or the forging will start from 0 with better variables and stuff?
Kyrie, rex genitor ingenite, vera essentia, eleison. Kyrie, luminis fons rerumque conditor, eleison.
MariaVirgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1253
Keaghan

4th Dan Black Belt

"Q: Will Toribash mods work in Toribash Next?
A: Toribash Next won't support currently existing mods but modmakers will be given tools to make them compatible with the new engine."

So there will be a new modmaker, right?
I hope there will be some more moving objects and connections.
I mean more than present 16.
Although it's a new engine, so I realize that the whole modding mechanism may look a bit different.
Keaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1254
sung

2nd Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Kore View Post
so when is tbn getting linked to neural connectors so we can control the tori by thinking?

totally pointless thats if it is even possible.
<MindMind> Boom
<MindMind> You're Sucks!
sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1255
matarika

7th Dan Black Belt

Mind you I don't work on the Dev Team, and all of my answers are a mixture of educated guesses, and information from the two interviews I had with Hampa, Gameplay, and knowledge of Unity.

I don't know if this has been answered, but, are flames going to work for both tb versions? Are there any plans to make them multiplatform or the forging will start from 0 with better variables and stuff?

The Flame forge will be making a return in Toribash Next eventually if not initially, as there will be Blood Forge, and Toribash Next's engine is different, which would mean the flames in Toribash Next will function differently than the flames in Toribash, which means that the old flames couldn't just be dragged and pasted (easily) in Toribash Next as the engine is different, so my educated guess would be no, because they'll be able to make better flames, same thing for Items, as only some items will be transferred over, they will be able to make better and crazier items, and thats one of the selling points they'll want to capitalize on, so you won't see too many items or flames (If any) coming over to Toribash Next.

So there will be a new modmaker, right?
I hope there will be some more moving objects and connections.
I mean more than present 16.
Although it's a new engine, so I realize that the whole modding mechanism may look a bit different.

There will be a new a mod maker, the modmaker will need a different user interface yes, because they had announced the introduction cooperative modding or "Modding Lobbies", meaning they'd have to redesign the interface with that also in mind. But I can assure you they wouldn't make it DRASTICALLY different, putting current modmakers at a disadvantage as well. My guess will be it'll be more user friendly. As many complaints that came out of Modding on Toribash is that it was too confusing and complicated for beginners to pick up easily, which hurts the speed of mod making growth. And as for static, NonStatic, connection/Joints, I am 90% sure that the limits as far as how many you'll be able to use, will be expanded drastically. This new engine breaks down previous limitations in that area, so in Next you can expect to see a much much larger number, (and maybe even ways) to implement these things into your mods. I think the most interesting thing other than the ModMaking servers will be the Pre Fabricated Objects/Models, i've seen in gameplay. Rather than building from scratch with spheres, Blocks, and cylinders.

Last edited by matarika; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:25 PM..
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1256
Kore
Hardkore

Black Belt

Originally Posted by sung View Post
totally pointless thats if it is even possible.

I mean, firstly it was a joke, secondly; that technology has been in development for years, and it's nowhere near ready for anything as trivial as videogames.

Also why would it be pointless?
(: lmod || Unemployed :)
Kore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1257
Sora
Legendary Troublemaker

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Liquor

Originally Posted by Kore View Post
I mean, firstly it was a joke, secondly; that technology has been in development for years, and it's nowhere near ready for anything as trivial as videogames.

Also why would it be pointless?

we won't get this technology in the next 50 years just saying
Team Lenshu|Anime United
Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1258
Swepples
Fuck its Muck

10th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by darrenl4 View Post
The one thing I don't like are those annoying comic esq pop ups that happen when you dismember and I assume fracture and stuff. Hopefully there will be an option to turn that off

There is. Check the small menu and click a button
Owner of Fred
Replay thread qB) | #fred4president
Swepples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1259
Swaves
Beauty Queen

Custom Belt

any estimated release time for a beta version of toribash next?
Swaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1260
matarika

7th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
any estimated release time for a beta version of toribash next?

Not yet, maybe expect one this summer.