people playing: 47, servers online: 16, games played: 142,876,560 Top Player: Ceytune

Toribash Community » Toribash » News
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old May 15, 2017 Original Post  
hampa
In coder land
Toribash Next announcement.
I've started to build a new Toribash version, code name Toribash Next.

While the current engine is super awesome it was written 12 years ago.

Things I want to add to the new engine:
- 2vs2, 3vs1 and brawl games
- Built with animations and models from the start
- Ingame multiplayer modding (mod rooms together)
- Ingame inventory and trading
- Run your own servers

Some technical details for those interested:
- Engine (Unity3D)
- Plattforms (Windows, OSX)
- Backend (Steam and standalone)

Economy:
- Part of the economy will be decentralised (we will have our own BitCoin type currency). This will allow players to trade outside the forum.
- The giveaway Toribash Next Token will eventually transferable to this new section of our economy.

Questions & Answers:

QA

If you have more questions, I'll keep this top post updated.

Last edited by sir; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM..
hampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017   #761
jisse
Toribash Legend

4th Dan Black Belt
Clan: [T]

Toribash has had a large total playercount over the years, the game is over 10 years old after all. Something like Next will be sure to bring old players back, and if Nabi steps up their PR game there is also a possibility of the game being flooded with new players from steam or similair

I for one am extremely excited and optimistic about this whole thing. The possibilites in Toribash are already immense, can't wait to see what we'll be able to do with the new Unity engine

Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
While I see your point, I'd like to say it could be very discouraging for players just discovering Next to be faced with an oldschool custom labeled as a newb

I fully support resetting QI, climbing the belts has always been fun and when you are really high belt some of the incentive to play goes away because 25.000 games to the next belt is a lot. Besides, although nobody knows how the gameplay will change we can assume it will be atleast slightly different, a master in Toribash may not be so good in Next. The issue of old players being labaled and low belts could be solved with some other type of merit, a veteran coin like they have in Counterstrike or something else next to your name would be an easy and appropriate solution imo.

Last edited by jisse; Nov 24, 2017 at 07:03 PM..
jisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017   #762
Tempest

God Belt
Clan: Aeon

Noooooo. resetting qi would be a terrible idea, thats basically the same thing as resetting everyones inventories as well as deleting all the clans and making people start with new names.

its just something that would cripple many peoples motives to even play toribash next at all.
oh is this where i put my signature?
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017   #763
Karbn
Parkour Extraordinare

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Vector

I have to agree with tempest on this one. I like my high rank, and as I'm mainly a sparrer and parkourist, having to work my way back up to 7th Dan would be a nightmare. Maybe an option to reset your progress might be nice if you want during the initial launch, but nothing more than that. Think about people like tripstone, with 50,000 qi. Do you really think they'd want to sit around and work their way back up to 50 thousand games?

Adding on to this, when the is launched, the beginner servers will be flooded with old and new players alike. It'd be like an invasion of alternate accounts, farming newbies for TC and a higher rank. It'd be terrible. Keeping old ranks allows for newbs to compete with other beginners and not have to worry as much about old veterans utterly kicking their asses.

Last edited by Karbn; Nov 24, 2017 at 08:32 PM..
Karbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2017   #764
Zyns
Forumite

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: All Stars

Resetting qi means all old players will be white belts ok so all the will be in white belts servers, the real new players that are going to join next will be also white belts, so when these players will get in servers they are going to fight veterans and get rekt and be like oh this game suck I can't even improve and TB next will have the same players as this one and it will die or at least not improve. People like xbcz who are farming qi every day to have the highest qi in TB will leave if they got their qi removed they worked for years to get it then one day staff decide to remove qi because why not I don't think they will be happy, even me I don't have an astronomical qi am 10th dan and I worked two years to get it, some ppl in years they can get custom but ppl don't have the same amount of time where they can play and farm qi to finally buy pure or demon and void stuff. Am not going to argue more because it don't need to as a conclusion resetting qi will be bad for the game and the players. Now if you still want to reset qi at least players should choose like send a message: TB Next is here ! Would you like to reset your qi ?

Yes/No

But I think you should do something to separate the veterans and the new players because when someone get to the game and lose every single fight I don't think that he will find this cool so maybe make special servers for veterans or something, personally if tomorrow I got my question removed I will probably leave the game.

Last edited by Zyns; Nov 24, 2017 at 08:58 PM..
Zyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2017   #765
jisse
Toribash Legend

4th Dan Black Belt
Clan: [T]

Maybe I am underestimating how important QI is for some people, I see what you're getting at.

Besides resetting belts would be a big fuckoff for people who bought their QI for some reason.

Still I dislike the idea of QI transferring over to a completely new game
jisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2017   #766
Karbn
Parkour Extraordinare

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Vector

well technically it's not a new game, it's a sequel to toribash. if it was a new game then yeah i'd say yeah, reset qi. but tbn should still be fairly forum based. meanign old players will get thrown in with the new, and i don't know many old members that like being on the same level as people who don't even know how to throw a punch
Karbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2017   #767
Surge
NON-EXISTING!

4th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Karbn View Post
well technically it's not a new game, it's a sequel to toribash. if it was a new game then yeah i'd say yeah, reset qi. but tbn should still be fairly forum based. meanign old players will get thrown in with the new, and i don't know many old members that like being on the same level as people who don't even know how to throw a punch

a sequel is a new game
Surge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2017   #768
PLURPOLICE

Brown Belt

For fuck sake
I'm so fucking concerned now cause I've spent like 100$ recently just on items, tc, and other shit like that. I really don't wanna lose the items I have so now I'm panicking
PLURPOLICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2017   #769
16bars

4th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by hampa View Post
Q: Will Toribash be discontinued after Toribash Next release?
A: No, we'll continue support for both games.

Q: Will Toribash players be able to fight Toribash Next players?
A: No, this won't be possible.

Clearly Toribash Next is a new game so players won't keep their QI. There is no way you can justify keeping your QI from one game to another. You don't keep your prestige from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to Modern Warfare 2. The game will probably keep the Toribash concept but the gameplay will still be new to older and new players so we would all be learning together.

Last edited by 16bars; Nov 25, 2017 at 05:00 PM..
16bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2017   #770
Tempest

God Belt
Clan: Aeon

LOL old players will barely be learning anything, new players and old players do not need to be mixed up together. toribash next would not bring in any new players at all because they would constantly get beat by people with hundreds of times the experience as them. Also there is no way you can justify not keeping qi, people have worked very hard to get high belts and some even payed real money to skip to a high belt, personally if they reset qi then i would not even play toribash next a single time.
oh is this where i put my signature?
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote