Toribash
Original Post
Posting problem, white screen
Hello it's me with yet again another problem.

I can't remember the first time it happened but whenever I use the [IMG] bb code in a post I can't neither "Go advanced" or post it. Same thing happens with pms. Basically when I press "Go advanced" or "Submit" the tab goes completely blank without loading anything, the tab's link doesn't change. It doesn't crash or anything, it just loads up a blank tab without submitting.

This occurs only on my pc and on every browser, I tested it on Firefox, Explorer and Opera. Works fine on phone and tablet, it's not a wifi problem. I've already tried to reset Firefox but it didn't work.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Aug 11, 2018 at 01:50 AM.
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
Have you tried manually typing the [IMG] tag?

Typing manually seems to work for "Go advanced", I'll test below for the posting.

test

Ok the problem comes up when the forum previews the image in the editor, it's still an issue since I can't edit posts with images in it. Is there a way I can either solve it or disable the option of image preview?
Make sure javascript is enabled in your browser.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Originally Posted by tertywerty View Post
Make sure javascript is enabled in your browser.

It is, I've just checked with the about:config address. I tried toggling it on and off but nothing changes.

Btw I can see the previewed images in the editor, I just can't submit the post.
When you say the tab goes blank it leads me to believe it is an HTML error and the web page is not loading properly. So when you press preview now you say it does work, but when you press post reply the screen goes blank and when you go to the thread you posted in there is no post? I am just a little confused, because you said the problem lies in when you preview the post. When you click edit you do not have to preview post.
You could also try to clear cache and cookies WeppetKo, and what OS are you using Windows 7, 8, 10, et cetera?
Last edited by MrMiyagy; Aug 11, 2018 at 03:10 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
When you say the tab goes blank it leads me to believe it is an HTML error and the web page is not loading properly. So when you press preview now you say it does work, but when you press post reply the screen goes blank and when you go to the thread you posted in there is no post? I am just a little confused, because you said the problem lies in when you preview the post. When you click edit you do not have to preview post.
You could also try to clear cache and cookies WeppetKo, and what OS are you using Windows 7, 8, 10, et cetera?

With "previewed images in the editor" I mean that I can see the images in the editor box, where you write down the text, and those are causing the problem probably. The editor itself works fine, but "Go advanced", "Preview post" and "Submit" all give me a white tab IF there is a previewed image in the editor box.

I cleared cache and cookies but it didn't work sadly. I'm on Windows 10.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Aug 11, 2018 at 09:41 AM.
Go to user control panel, then go to edit option, then scroll down to Thread Display Options, do you have the third option ticked on or off, to show images? Trying reversing whatever it is set to and see if that helps.
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
Go to user control panel, then go to edit option, then scroll down to Thread Display Options, do you have the third option ticked on or off, to show images? Trying reversing whatever it is set to and see if that helps.

This one right? "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)"

It was ticked off but even activating it doesn't solve the problem.

EDIT: Solved. I found out how to remove that annoying image preview from the Message Editor Interface. Now I can successfully edit posts with images. The problem still persists when I activate full WYSIWYG editing but I'll just keep it deactivated.

Thank you all for the help, I'll close this.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Aug 11, 2018 at 04:39 PM.