Toribash
Regarding sumore.

Its a great mod! One, if actually not the most balanced mod in the game. It requires good amount of body control to work, so non experienced players cant really play it. But for experienced players, its a treat. There are next to no random elements and thus its viable for competetion as well.

Because there are no points or dms, the randomness is reduced heavily. There is no established meta game yet, since the mod is so new. But as it stands it seems to favor active outplaying and careful approach to winning. Thus making it a great mod for rankings and competition. Id be ready to call it the best competitive mod toribash has ever had, granted that no overpowered openers or styles will be found.
Can we get quick aikido rooms to be rotating mod rooms with the mod list being: greykido.tbm
aikido.tbm
aikidobigdojo.tbm

Only change necessary for each mod should be reaction time to the quick aikido setting of 10.
So have you tried Tippy01.tbm?

I wouldn't mind seeing this around. Yes, it has objects, but don't condemn it based on that.
It's a ton of fun, and a nice twist on classic aikido.

reviews

Last edited by Fear; Oct 31, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
Originally Posted by Daeldir View Post
I love battledome and Odlov is my daddy

Still supporting this statement. Battledome is fantastic.
RelaxAll's Posterboy
RK-MMA
Odlov is my daddy and I love battledome.tbm
Hi, can some GM please change public sumore mod to sumore_v? It reduces the space between neck and breast so that your hand can't slip through it when you have an opponent in a headlock. Not a huge change, but it's helpful.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Hi, can some GM please change public sumore mod to sumore_v? It reduces the space between neck and breast so that your hand can't slip through it when you have an opponent in a headlock. Not a huge change, but it's helpful.

Glad to see that you're making improvements on your mod even though it's already on the line up :v
Originally Posted by Pidgenere View Post
Glad to see that you're making improvements on your mod even though it's already on the line up :v

Thanks. Hopefully it's the last one. The neck space issue only became obvious after many games, when my opponent's hand slipped through between my head and body. Annoying. But yeah, with any luck sumore_v is the final-final version.
Once again, I'll ask you the same thing everyone who ever joined the 5k tourney has asked. Well, actually, most of them ask "what the fuck is Taido?" or "what the fuck was this?" (typical Taido match).
But what I want to ask you, one more time, is to remove Taido from tourney13.

Why Taido shouldn't be considered an official mod:
- First off, nobody likes it. Really;
- Taido doesn't even have a defined style. We don't know if it's a kicking or grappling mod. This wouldn't be such a huge issue, but the mod can't fit any of the two mentioned mod types. Reasons up next;
- DMs are just... utter bullshit. Most of the time, they don't make any sense. It's just a little bit harder to get a dismemberment in Taido than in Mushu;
- Game rules: gravity doesn't really fit anything and matchframes are weird. You get 50TFs out of nowhere...

I don't know how a mod with so many flaws can be considered good/competitive enough for the tourney with the highest prize. Really, it doesn't take skill, it takes luck, considering anything can cause a dismemberment and you'll just get the victory.

All in all, it's just an awful mix of TK and Aikido, with a bit of Mushu.

My recommended mod to replace Taido2.tbm is SpiritWrestling.tbm. Reasons are simple:
- Dojo is big, matches last long;
- DQTimeout. You won't lose if you accidentally rub your elbow on the ground, for example. You'll need to pin your opponent;
- No dismemberments, so we can expect less bullshit;
- There is also no damage, only self-damage. You'll need to be good enough to perform good throws, then pin your opponent.

I could accept a lot of other mods, but SW is my personal pick.
Also, here is a replay of a classic Taido fight:
Attached Files
taido .rpl (52.4 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Arctic; Nov 20, 2015 at 02:07 AM.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
- First off, nobody likes it.

I agree with everything Arctic just said. I'd also like to add to this... Nobody knows what taido even is. This mod makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
[Enter signature here]
lol.

i'm rank 1 in taido2 currently, so i think i'm qualified to speak on this

the reason that taido doesn't have a defined style is because people like you just don't give it a chance. taido2 is not, in any way, meant to be played like aikido, tk, or mushu.

look at it this way: taido2 is actually competitive judo

when i figured this out and started playing it more like judo (especially during the final 250 frames), the "random" dm's stopped happening and i started winning. like, all the time

however, i agree that taido2 can be improved.

in fact, taido already has 1 major, major improvement already in the mod, but mistyped. if you load the mod in single player (or a taido replay), you can see that there is supposed to be a 30 frame dq timeout inside of the ring.

imo, there is no reason for taido to be removed. it should be improved and re-released.

in fact, i have gone ahead and created taidofixed.tbm. feel free to try it out :^)

praise be to mysticmog