Toribash
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
What you're looking for is some way to load the CHKDSK Error reporter type thing Windows has. Since you can't access the desktop/ boot up fully you're looking for a way to boot it up in BIOS or any other System application you have built in to your PC which is definitely impossible (There are some built in applications that allow you to access files on a USB or Hard Drive) even then it's not a guarantee fix.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, there are also a few troubleshoot options when you press F8 and Select Repair your computer, the troubleshoots it comes with don't usually fix anything but I guess it's worth a shot.

Your safest option though is to definitely do a full system restore, you can download Windows 7 or Windows 8 on a website and convert it into an iso.
You can buy a code on their website or if your PC came with a Windows code.

Like Faint said, as long as you didn't customize or open up the case of your PC/ Laptop you should still have your warranty.

Full system restores are a good thing for your PC, it can sometimes increase boot times and you should still have a folder called Windows.old so you can access your old files.

To faint

Have a USB with 8.1 on it, would that work? Oh and I tried everything in the menu with f8, not fixed :\

Oh and thanks for taking the time to help me, really appreciate it
(Origin)
As long as the Windows 8.1 is in a .iso format you should be able to boot from the USB and run the setup.
Go into your BIOS and go to the Boot tab, in there you should have some options to change the boot priority and set your USB name to the top of the list.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixthe...rderchange.htm

That should do it.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
why would you spend time burning gigabytes worth of windows onto a usb stick or cd and then buy a code when you can literally go to your nearest electronics store and buy a copy of windows? even if you can't find a copy of windows locally there are several vendors online that sell various versions of windows.

also yes, redpanda, telling someone to torrent windows in an iso format and burning it from a usb or cd is pirating, if you want to continue with that sort of thing then PM him
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
why would you spend time burning gigabytes worth of windows onto a usb stick or cd and then buy a code when you can literally go to your nearest electronics store and buy a copy of windows? even if you can't find a copy of windows locally there are several vendors online that sell various versions of windows.

also yes, redpanda, telling someone to torrent windows in an iso format and burning it from a usb or cd is pirating, if you want to continue with that sort of thing then PM him

I didn't spend time doing it, my mom works at some tech place and they have spares there
-----
As long as the Windows 8.1 is in a .iso format you should be able to boot from the USB and run the setup.
Go into your BIOS and go to the Boot tab, in there you should have some options to change the boot priority and set your USB name to the top of the list.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixthe...rderchange.htm

That should do it.

Alright I'll try this when I have time, thanks
Last edited by iIluminati; Jan 24, 2015 at 12:48 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
(Origin)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...opHP_FPP_Light
On this you download Windows 8, the thing you pay for is the CD Key.

The Microsoft website also did this with Windows 7 but they stopped it prior to the release of Windows 8. You can still download Windows 7 Enterprise which is a 90 day free trial so you can use that until you work on a permanent OS.

In no way did I hint at illegally download a Windows OS, I only mentioned downloading it online (which you can clearly do).
Just because someone says "download it online" it doesn't mean they initially hint at Torrenting.

Also back on topic, Windows 8 should be fine for now until you get a product key for windows 7 (or if you wish to stay with windows 8 you can get product keys on multiple sites like the official microsoft site and I think cclonline can send you the disk with it as well so you can reinstall it if the problem happens again)
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...opHP_FPP_Light
On this you download Windows 8, the thing you pay for is the CD Key.

The Microsoft website also did this with Windows 7 but they stopped it prior to the release of Windows 8. You can still download Windows 7 Enterprise which is a 90 day free trial so you can use that until you work on a permanent OS.

In no way did I hint at illegally download a Windows OS, I only mentioned downloading it online (which you can clearly do).
Just because someone says "download it online" it doesn't mean they initially hint at Torrenting.

Also back on topic, Windows 8 should be fine for now until you get a product key for windows 7 (or if you wish to stay with windows 8 you can get product keys on multiple sites like the official microsoft site and I think cclonline can send you the disk with it as well so you can reinstall it if the problem happens again)

Alright thanks, at this point I could care less about what OS I use, long as I can use my computer. But yeah after a while I will want to go to windows 7. Let u know how it turns out when I have time
(Origin)
looks like your problem has been solved, closed

if you still have problems feel free to re-open this thread

and yes, redpanda, i was referring to your first post that i snipped, not the idea that you keep getting less 'piratey' every post
looks like your problem has been solved, closed

if you still have problems feel free to re-open this thread

and yes, redpanda, i was referring to your first post that i snipped, not the idea that you keep getting less 'piratey' every post

I still have a problem... the one I stated initially, it's not solved at all. I've tried pretty much everything do I just need a new hard drive :\ I really hope not
(Origin)
If it was your hard drive it usually gives you a black screen saying it can't find an OS, usually if it's a major hardware problem (like faulty RAM or GPU) it will give you some beeps on boot up telling you what's wrong.

It's most likely a problem with the ntfs file, it's probably corrupted so the full restore should work.
Originally Posted by iIluminati View Post
I still have a problem... the one I stated initially, it's not solved at all. I've tried pretty much everything do I just need a new hard drive I really hope not

there are a few programs you can use to completely wipe your harddrive or check the status of your harddrive without having to open windows, usually you have to have an OS installed to burn them to a cd though, etc. if you've already tried re-installing windows and are still having issues, my only guess is your hard drive, and to get a new one.
If it was your hard drive it usually gives you a black screen saying it can't find an OS, usually if it's a major hardware problem (like faulty RAM or GPU) it will give you some beeps on boot up telling you what's wrong.

It's most likely a problem with the ntfs file, it's probably corrupted so the full restore should work.

that's not true, there are several things that can depict a faulty hard drive