Toribash
Original Post
Best Power Supply for desktop
I'm buying a new one so I don't get more problems with my new mobo GA-970A-D3P and my old/new CPU FX - 6300, the stock supplier is Corsair 500W CX500M ATX Power Supply - 80 Plus Bronze - CP-9020059, do you guys have any opinions about it? Maybe some case experience, throw in better ones if you like (but i'm not rich). Also please help me with the pros and cons with this one.

*hugs you all*
hi IIInsanEEE, I have moved your thread to Computer/Mobile Chat, that's where threads like this one go. I have you find the answers you are after here.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
What;s the minimum wattage you need? 500W?

Do you want anything special like quiet, fanless, modular, 80+ plat/gold/silver?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
To be honest the only thing that I want is the wattage, I just want to be sure that all of my equipment will receive enough energy, I won't bitch about noise because I built a custom case that isolates a good ammount of noises, won't bitch about fans either because I got plenty of them, actually I made this thread because power supply is the only PC part that I have 'user only' knowledge and toribash is the only social network with 'qualified' people to help me getting a good understanding on this.
Well first figure out how much wattage you need, and after that read this thread http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...tier-list.html

And select one within your price range, wattage, and in a tier you find acceptable. There's not much opinion needed with PSUs since it can all be tested easily.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I already know how much wattage I need, 387,5 to be exact. I just wanted some opinions and experience in this matter since I dont see much Discussion about it. And about that Tom's thread, I already have read that.