Toribash
Original Post
Help Squad Recruitment Drive

Help Squad Recruitment Drive

Hello friends and welcome to the HS recruitment drive. Let's go trough some topics before I explain how this will work.

What is Help Squad?
The Help Squad is a group of players that have the responsibility of helping others and moderate the following boards: Beginner Sanctuary, Technical Support, Reports, FAQ and Tutorials.

What do HS members do?
  • Moderate the boards stated before
  • Help in #support
  • Answer to questions in Beginner Sanctuary and Technical Support
  • Maintain the FAQ
  • Spend some time in beginner rooms
  • Welcome players in the Introduce Yourself board

Do I get something for participating?
Yes. HS members are rewarded with the ToriPrime perk, auto voice in #support, access to some hidden boards, ability to join beginner rooms and a fancy gray username.

How do I apply?
Send a free form application, including whatever information feels necessary, via pm to any of the HS members:
Link, Lite, Shade, Wizard, or zwouter.

The recruitment period will close 2 weeks after this post.

If you have any general questions, please post them in this thread.
"Good luck/I sent my app" posts will get you infracted and your post deleted.

Good luck everyone!
Last edited by Lite; Feb 12, 2017 at 02:29 PM.
Originally Posted by Code View Post
If I send my app to shade or lite, can it be in portuguese or does it need to be in english?

PT is fine
Originally Posted by ultimatumm View Post
Don't you think that HS members should be able to moderate the rapid threads board ?

Maybe, it needs to be discussed tho
Originally Posted by Charism View Post
following boards: Beginner Sanctuary, Technical Support, Reports, FAQ and Tutorials

Yes, it is why I was suggesting to add the rapid threads board
Don't you think that HS members should be able to moderate the rapid threads board ?

Rapid Threads is much more broad than the contents of Technical Support, Reports etc.

I suppose it could be done, but it's never really seemed to require massive amounts of moderation.
Yes, but the rapid threads board belongs to the help field, I think : People ask questions and other people answer.
Yes, but the rapid threads board belongs to the help field, I think : People ask questions and other people answer.

We will probably discuss that possibility after the recruitment.
~ [Tribe]Shade ~
how important is the activity in #support?
im really really unfamiliar with IRC and never have used it more than the web based application you can access from the forums for some quick questions. would knowledge there be some sort of deciding factor?

is there a rough estimate on how many people are being searched for, or is that kept behind locks?

as it's said, they'll moderate the beginner sanctuary AND the technical support, im quite sure that not everyone is quite confident in his technical knowledge to support users. is there the search rather concentrated on mixing both, so the whole team works together or more of a "everyone can do everything" style ?

also, i have applied to become lmod off the beginner sanctuary twice, but that was years ago. would it be worth to mention that ?

just got some question's.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
We can help you setup an IRC client but #support activity is quite important.
We're looking for 2-3 people.
If you don't know how to help someone you can always ask other members about it
Add anything you feel relevant to your app
is there any preffered IRC client? such as hexchat? mirc? webchat? if any we can download it if required. Or i, or whoever in general applied to HSquad.
also, which specific board would we keep an eye on if accepted into the team?
Originally Posted by Space View Post
is there any preffered IRC client? such as hexchat? mirc? webchat? if any we can download it if required. Or i, or whoever in general applied to HSquad.
also, which specific board would we keep an eye on if accepted into the team?

Hexchat is great.

If you want to use one on mobile, irccloud is great.

Most clients will work though, it's just preference.

You'll know if you're accepted for sure. You can keep an eye out here or on he staff list on the off topic board ofc.
Last edited by Link; Feb 14, 2017 at 05:57 PM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.