ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Real time ranking
In the upcoming day or so I will switch out the ranking system.

The means all ranks will be reset and you will show up as "Unranked" first game you play. (Or if you have a custom belt it says rank 0, this is a bug in the client).

The new system has multiple rankings:
- Global ranking, contains your overall ranking (like the first ranking system we had)
- Mod ranking, one ranking per mod (now you can be rank #1 in aikido.tbm etc)

What has been improved:
- Ranking is real time, updates right after the match.
- Ranking is based on a modified Elo formula that suits Toribash.
- Online ranking page, http://forum.toribash.com/tori_ranking.php

Note! We are still checking how it behaves under load of multiple servers running. I might need a few server restart to get out any glitches.

Ranking is bugged when playing against unranked players, I'm trying to find out what happend. Rankings will probably be reset. Please be patient.
Last edited by hampa; Apr 16, 2011 at 02:34 PM.
This is really cool thanks, hampa, but can you tell me what mod ranking is, is it like how many times you became a super mod?
Wow hampa, this sounds great
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Finally! I'm so glad you finally changed it. hopefully this will improve in-game activity a lot more.
Thanks hampa suggested this a long time ago, it kinda got ignored. Good to see it in action. nice work.
|FAQ|[re]|Programmer|
I'm back :)
Originally Posted by MasterGabe View Post
This is really cool thanks, hampa, but can you tell me what mod ranking is, is it like how many times you became a super mod?

No. I believe it is a ranking compared to other players of the mod, such as judo.tbm.

Seems nice, hope it works well. Kind of enjoyed the rank compared to belt thing, but oh well.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
This will be great. Finally i will know where i am rated in relativity to the whole community.
Cool hampa , and what is "based on a modified Elo formula that suits Toribash"??
Last edited by fbi69; Apr 16, 2011 at 05:47 AM.
This user is Rated-R-Player
there should be like a mod rank and an over all rank like:

Black Belt, Overall Rank ****
Mod Rank ****

something like that.