ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribash Server Migration - Phase 2
OK, as you probably have noticed, Phase2 is in progress. Things are working again now, for the most part, but we're still working on bringing all the components of toribash online.

One thing to note: It has come to my attention that a lot of people are still using the old servers. This isn't a problem for us, but it will be for you: Any TC earned on the old servers at this stage will not transfer over to the new servers. That is why it is important to upgrade to version 3.94 (3.93 for OSX) which connects to the correct machines. If you insist on playing on the old servers, fair enough, but we do not reimburse the TC you lose when the old machines go offline and you're gonna have to migrate to the new ones anyway.

To upgrade:
Windows Client
OSX Client
the new one doesn't work for me, whenever i close it it gives me an error of some type, it gets really annoying redownloading toribash around 50 times (1 per playing session) this also happened with the last one, me and other users experienced this same problem, so any saved replays will be lost etc. etc.

Also, does this mean that if we loose tc on the old servers, we won't loose it on the new ones?
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
Originally Posted by DropKick View Post
the new one doesn't work for me, whenever i close it it gives me an error of some type, it gets really annoying redownloading toribash around 50 times (1 per playing session) this also happened with the last one, me and other users experienced this same problem, so any saved replays will be lost etc. etc.

Also, does this mean that if we loose tc on the old servers, we won't loose it on the new ones?

To reiterate:
TC earnt on the old servers stay on the old servers.. and they will be gone once those servers power down
TC earnt on new servers stay on new servers

As for glitches with the most up to date client, i'm afraid that can't be helped at the moment. We simply cannot make a re-configured toribash client based on every version that people use.
So, broadcasted ingame telling people to update their games. Will do so around the clock if there are still a considerable amount of people in the old servers.

As will the GM's who are willing to help.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
I knew this day would come.
Well with no admin privilleges, it seems i finally cant play toribash ingame anymore.
Sigh.
Oh well, seems like a good idea and that.

Also, lets say i lost alot of tc in dueling
>.>
<.<
when the old servers are shut down, is my tc returned to the amount before all this started?
:3
<Pab10> i knew it
<Pab10> im a wizard
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
when the old servers are shut down, is my tc returned to the amount before all this started?

You must have missed the point completely, because that question didn't make sense.
Originally Posted by ShotgunPug View Post
So the problem with my new texture and items not showing up is due to the server migration?

Yes. that's on the to-do list. It will work, just equip some patience and it'll all come together in a reasonable amount of time.
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
I knew this day would come.
Well with no admin privilleges, it seems i finally cant play toribash ingame anymore.
Sigh.
Oh well, seems like a good idea and that.

Also, lets say i lost alot of tc in dueling
>.>
<.<

Sentinel 1st off what you running windows? if so click the following link for a non installing zip just extract and run it:
Toribash 3.94.zip
Originally Posted by Jarmund View Post
Yes. that's on the to-do list. It will work, just equip some patience and it'll all come together in a reasonable amount of time.

Good I can stop freaking out now...