Toribash
Original Post
I like that idea of us being the tori, if this game makes it far enough it may happen
Originally Posted by Turbocharge View Post
no...
imagine US being the tori!
but you need to have lessons first
and it basically make replay easier to do!

Originally Posted by olanthecat View Post
I like that idea of us being the tori, if this game makes it far enough it may happen

Really the only useful and fun way to use VR with Toribash is watching replays and messing around a little bit, it would be too slow to click all the joints in time on multiplayer and kind of disorienting

I personally will love to see Toribash in VR just to watch replays

As for you two and your "I am tori" thing, how do you expect to move your tori without clicking joints? It's impossible you have to be in a third person mode to do anything in this game aside from watching a replay/taking a screenshot.

Sorry to burst your bubble :<

I can't wait to see Toribash in VR!
Last edited by tertywerty; Nov 13, 2016 at 02:57 AM.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Making yourself the tori would require some sort of motion sensor hardware and then the software that responds to the data that is being recording from the hardware on your body. Also, this would either take away the turnframe concept behind Toribash and would support a more so, live, real-time fighting game rather than "Toribash" and there would be a disadvantage to those that couldn't do flips, etc. Meaning people that can't kick, etc wouldn't be able to kick ingame. Or if there was a turnframe still to the game, it would record your movement and do "moves" according to your movement within a specific amount of time.

But seriously, you guys are so selfish with the "make me tori" concept, what about all the little children with a missing arm or legs? Or the kids in wheel chairs? How would they play toribash if toribash became a move to play? They would be at a huge disadvantage when it comes to playing the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
I imagine watching people play fighting games while they are wearing a VR headset being pretty hilarious because they'll be swinging their arms and legs around like crazy, oblivious to the living room they thrash in the process.

This level of action will probably not happen with Toribash, however.
If you went with the "you are the tori" idea, I can only see it working if it was like a boxing simulator with an unmoving lower body. Having a fully mobile tori couldn't be possible.
It would have to be a separate game from regular toribash of course.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
its a good idea but needs to be on vive so you can use the controllers and teleport with a button kind of like the batman arkham vr game
>:(
I just have to clarify something with you guys :
Why is Toribash original ?
Because it's not like in most of the games, where you just push a button to jump or to run for example : you control the joints to jump or to run, like in the real life, and it is the principle of Toribash.

There is a lot of fighting VR games, so we don't need another one.. If you're the Tori, all the charm, the originality of Toribash dies out because you don't click on the joint to make a move, you just do the move with your body, and it's not the goal of Toribash.
I don't know any of the limits but I definately think it would be amazing to see lifesized toris going at it right in your living room :3