ES Recruitment Drive
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
nurse's music passion dump blog type thing
i'm a huge music fan i always have been for as long as i've been around i was listening to deftones and tool because of my parents, getting upset with my parents as a baby if they didn't put on live shows of david bowie, etc. this has continued into adulthood and i need a place to put all of it so i'm gonna just fucking unload a bunch of info onto this thread about music.

this is my rym account its where i catalogue all the music i listen to. if you look at my list called "2022" you will find everything i've listened to in the year 2022, currently 245 projects listened to mostly albums sometimes eps even less of sometimes they're singles. none of any specific genre just whatever i'm feeling at the moment, theres everything in this list from playboi carti to some hard to find obscure post hardcore, some fun girly power pop just anything you can think of. i recently listened to Die Lit by playboi carti and loved it really didn't expect to like it as much as i did. if you meander your way onto my normal ratings you'll see that i'm at 588 ratings all time. scroll a bit above that and you'll see i do a milestone thing, i'll paste it here because its interesting statistics.

milestones

i usually try and make it so they land on something special, like the giles corey rating and the microphones rating were both planned in advance as they're some of my friends' favorites and i ended up really enjoying them they're some of my favorites now too. speaking of my favorites if you end up on my rating graph thing you'll notice my top ratings are a little conservative, i dont really know why that is but i like having the more important albums to me be up by themselves in a secret club kinda thing lol.

my 5/5s

compared to my 588 ratings only having 11 5/5s is something i've found isn't too common. idk must be fun seeing how people like to do their rating trends bc my friends who are into music like this find it very interesting. you'll also notice the vinyl tag on some of these i've been collecting vinyl since i was like twelve (which is why i own like a fourth of the weezer discography)

top two shelves

7" picture

some 7" records, that brink manuever single i've had a hard time finding online. very cool own.

bottom misc shelf

bottom shelf has some more stuff other than records you'll see some very very thick records from what has to be the 40s. very strange find, they're all christmas songs but because their rpm is so fast (i couldn't tell you what it is off the top of my head but they sound slow on 45) they're not fun to listen to unless you're high as fuck lol, and even then i'd rather just listen to flood.

when i went on my trip to see my boyfriend i ended up dragging him and our friend to the record store every other day. i had a lot of fun it was a very cool store, our friend told me that he couldn't think of a better place for me than working in a record store and i think it's a compliment i'll take to the grave.

boyfriend in record store

this is one of my favorite pictures ever. my boyfriend going through the records. he bought a few himself!! told me he was going to get a record player, that made me feel very proud of myself indoctrinating him into my evil music cult.

i also make music, its a lot of fun just focusing on a project for a while. very nice place to dump all my creativity. here's just a link to my spotify page if you're interested its not something i think most people will like unless you're into the weirder stuff, though i do have some cute little acoustic tracks so who knows go looking if you care that much, i mean you read this whole thing already didn't you? go look then silly.

and as a little gift for reading all this here's an unreleased song i just recently finished up.

i will continue to update this every once in a while (assuming i don't get hit by a meteor and then get struck by lightning) this is just the first little introduction post to be like hey i'm a fucking dork pay attention to me if you want to care.

OH ALSO QUICK EDIT I'M TOTALLY COOL WITH PEOPLE COMMENTING ON THIS THREAD DON'T THINK I'LL HISS AND SCREAM AT YOU I'D LOVE TO TALK ABOUT MUSIC THO I'D PREFER TO DO IT ON DISCORD SO ADD ME IF U WANT TO HAVE A PROLONGUED CHAT OKAY BYE BYE
Last edited by Nurse; Dec 24, 2022 at 05:26 PM.
shelby#8266
listen to my music! | commission me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify