Ranking
Original Post
New Rank Decay System
New Rank Decay System
Hello, I've seen some skillful players get pissed of because people in high elo dodge ranked games against them. I plan on having a new rank decay system for season 6 to give a more competitive experience to players who actually deserve the top three.

Why implement a new "rank decay"?
- Because top players can just sit in the top 3 with a lot of elo and not worry about losing it for a week.

My suggestion
For top 10 players...
3 days of inactivity will make you lose 3-5 ELO and will deduct 1-2 ELO in the next days (if player is still inactive)

What this suggestion will do:
"karstnator's suggestion of his elo decay plan is literally combating people just like you that only match against really easy players then do nothing once they're satisfied with their position." -nervau

Feel free to add suggestions below so I could add it here.
Last edited by Karstnator; Nov 15, 2018 at 11:34 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
top 3 players do not hold all the elo you can surpass the top three without playing the top three.
2 days is an unreasonable time constraint especially since you loose 5 elo.
if anything i could get behind 5 days some people have lives and can't be expected to play toribash once every 2 days.(Let alone ranked where it's harder to find games)
the top ten along with everyone is forced to keep fighting with the current elo decay system.
I do agree that it should be more demanding of the top 10 players.
no one is going to reach diamond unless they're in the top three and that's the only tier that has a steeper decay rate.
the ranking system is far from perfect and should demand more from top players.
over all this suggestion just seems like you pouting because top players aren't enslaved to play ranked with you whenever you command them to.
I can't speak for everyone but when i want to play ranked I wait in matchmaking.
If i want to not play ranked i'm in a normal online room and it gets annoying when im frequently asked to play ranked on a normal "fur fun" server.
Personaly a big factor for me not playing ranked a lot is i can play some one lower than me and beat them 3-1 or 3-2 and loose elo
Last edited by Candy; Nov 14, 2018 at 01:39 AM.
Trying
"this suggestion just seems like you pouting because top players aren't enslaved to play ranked with you whenever you command them to."
what? wdym?

The problem atm is that there are a lot of gold players but these players aren't playing in the Gold+ server/ these players are "contented" with their rank so they don't play.

This would be a disadvantage for Gold+ players who want to claim a spot in the top 3.

If these competitive players want to claim a spot in the rank 3, they should be worthy to defend their position as a top-tier player.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Most players in platinum use matchmaking because of the lack of activity on the gold+ servers. A while back I suggested making gold+ the only ranked gold server which would help with inactivity on the gold+ server
Trying
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
3 days of inactivity will make you lose 5 ELO and will deduct 1/2 ELO in the next days (if player is still inactive)

5 elo are you crazy boy?
Also this is already a feature in Diamond Tier, your elo decays every 3 days of inactivity so I don't see the issue here, we're already on the verge to reaching diamond as its mid season so this won't be an issue.

Game dodging is perfectly fine in my opinion, if you're a silver tier 2nd dan you won't be going out there playing against a tryhard 40k games dueler, even if he has more elo and it would be "worth it". This is also a thing in games like League - if your team competition clearly loses against theirs or if your teammates have been proven incompetent in the previous game you were matched together - you will dodge the game at the expense of having a timeout.
While playing in the ranked rooms I believe its perfectly fine for you to leave if you feel like it won't be worth it and if the skillgap is too high between you and the opposing player. Find a player with equal skill level and fight to achieve higher tier. You also have to understand that some people have goals of purely reaching a certain tier like gold for the season rewards - they're looking for easy matchups (aren't we all?) to achieve the tier quickly.

Next season should have higher rewards per week rather than the end.
Last edited by Money; Nov 14, 2018 at 07:43 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.
its silly for you to call game dodging fine, as youre currently the rank 1 player and literally decline anyones request to play against you. as there is no real penalty for platinum tier players who do nothing once they reach a certain rank, of course you can attempt to justify the concept behind your strategy of reaching rank 1

it just seems your excuse is that you simply dont want to fight against other people that you acknowledge would easily beat you and lower your rank.

if i had an option to only play against people that were worse than me of course i could choose it. but i dont complain and i play against everyone that wants to rank up as much as i do.

karstnator's suggestion of his elo decay plan is literally combating people just like you that only match against really easy players then do nothing once they're satisfied with their position. i can totally see why he suggested it. its also agree with it because attempting to find anyone (plat or above) to play ranked against me is literally impossible
Ultimate King Bach Vine Compilation 2017 (w/Titles) Funny KingBach Vines - Co Viners
Originally Posted by nervau View Post
as youre currently the rank 1 player and literally decline anyones request to play against you.

right

decline

rank 1

1. There's a penalty if I am not to play ranked for a week in platinum.
2. You're expecting me to play all the time whenever YOU or someone else requests? You literally stalk me buddy asking to play ranked with me while I play in servers with my buddies.
3. If I sweat ranked I'll either: Drop below 1 or get more elo and reach diamond, ultimately requiring me to play every 3 days.

Think before you speak, buddy.
Also McFarbo and you seem to have this problem so why not speak to each other and fight it out in ranked since you both can't find matches, yes?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.
you only have to play one match per week and the elo decay timer resets. if thats not a weak enough ranking penalty for you idk what is

i dont stalk you, ive asked you twice

and tbash doesnt even want to play against me either. he isnt even online as often as i am, so that was a pointless argument to make
Ultimate King Bach Vine Compilation 2017 (w/Titles) Funny KingBach Vines - Co Viners
Originally Posted by Money View Post
1. There's a penalty if I am not to play ranked for a week in platinum.
2. You're expecting me to play all the time whenever YOU or someone else requests? You literally stalk me buddy asking to play ranked with me while I play in servers with my buddies.
3. If I sweat ranked I'll either: Drop below 1 or get more elo and reach diamond, ultimately requiring me to play every 3 days.

Think before you speak, buddy.
Also McFarbo and you seem to have this problem so why not speak to each other and fight it out in ranked since you both can't find matches, yes?

1. You can literally play once a week and the decay timer resets. This means that you can sit in that spot without losing elo for countless weeks.

2. There are a lot of gold players, as I stated a while ago, the problem is that they are inactive. I see you play in servers almost all the time and yet you wont play ranked against me.

3. Being rank 1 in a game means that you should be good. I dont see that in ya m8.
-----
Game dodging is perfectly fine in my opinion, if you're a silver tier 2nd dan you won't be going out there playing against a tryhard 40k games dueler, even if he has more elo and it would be "worth it".

That statement... hilarious coming from the rank 1 player.

This is also a thing in games like League - if your team competition clearly loses against theirs or if your teammates have been proven incompetent in the previous game you were matched together - you will dodge the game at the expense of having a timeout.

This isn't LoL, this isn't a 5v5, we dont use game characters who have different/unique abilities.

You also have to understand that some people have goals of purely reaching a certain tier like gold for the season rewards - they're looking for easy matchups (aren't we all?) to achieve the tier quickly.

Im not mainly talking about the gold tier being inactive, my point is that the top players should be competitive and should be skillful.
Last edited by Karstnator; Nov 15, 2018 at 11:43 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
game dodging is very scummy thats why the decay system shouldn't be about what teir you are it should be based solely on your rank i support banning money and him losing all his elo
Trying