Ranking
Original Post
new bodypart flag "soft"
tired of noob hugs and head butts? annoyed by kicks in boxing mods?

here is a solution for you, toribasher

we've been able to turn our pieces into sharp instagib "weapons" for a while now...
let's make a new "soft" bodypart flag to make bodyparts unable to cause ANY damage!

wow!
much gameplay change!
such e-sport!

now, when you stopped reading, some tl;dr below

introduction of new bodyflag that makes bodypart it's applied to unable to cause any damage will solve noobhugs, headbutts and kicking in boxing.

why it's good?

it can add more diversity into mods, for example creating proper boxing mod where you can damage your opponent only by hands and nothing else. throw some new points score system in and you have perfect boxing mod that may be played seriously (well any mod can be).

next, you can fix noob hugs in let's say wushu by leaving onlly feet, shins, knees, elbows and hands. again, throw some points score system in and you have a pretty good competative wushu mod.

not enough? you can create new bread of mods using this, like muay thai where your objective will be hit opponents with elbows and knees.

in short: adding this feature will give mod makers more options to define metagame for mod they create, so things like aikido with less probability of being lifted out would not turn into some dm mess, but stay aikido.
this sounds like a great idea
the point system in too random, and in real life, you won't get far hugging or headbutting the person your fighting
Totally supported. It'd be cool if i could plan my sparring to - lets say - dm opponent using my right hand, but add some momentum with my legs and he other hand. Yeah!
/rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt /rt