Ranking
Originally Posted by sid View Post
So we will have to attack by pressing the analog sticks instead of the triggers? Will take a while getting used to that.

I hope this isn't true, that would suck and irritate me.
The hud being gone while you're not in a fight also sucks, I used to walk around looking at the compass instead of the character.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Well honestly it's more like "two triggers at once = block" whether or not you're using a shield or daggers makes no difference. Apart, of course from damage taken. One trigger might be a shield tackle, a right trigger might be a swing. What else would make sense? Nothing really. Remember both of these were translated! In the German magazine alone they refered to swords as "waffe or wafte" something like that- which can translate to any weapon, including GUN(one of the translators incorrectly referred to it as such in his thread) We can't assume any of this is set in stone. Don't get all butthurt about it for gods sake.
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Well honestly it's more like "two triggers at once = block" whether or not you're using a shield or daggers makes no difference. Apart, of course from damage taken. One trigger might be a shield tackle, a right trigger might be a swing. What else would make sense? Nothing really. Remember both of these were translated! In the German magazine alone they refered to swords as "waffe or wafte" something like that- which can translate to any weapon, including GUN(one of the translators incorrectly referred to it as such in his thread) We can't assume any of this is set in stone. Don't get all butthurt about it for gods sake.

All true. Hopefully it won't be TOO much different than the Oblivion control-wise. The hud off in combat is going to piss me off though, I always used to run around looking at my compass as well ;P
Podcast.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcas...dhowardse.aspx

cba to post all the info I heard..

Well actually the dragon stuff is cool

-You can't ride them (thank god)

-multiple dragons at once are possible

-they can divebomb, walk around, generally terrorize

-Todd howard seems to think that you'll be terrified of them

-can be random encounters (eek lvl 1 vs dragon)

-I think he said they all look different or at least there are different types
Last edited by Pirate_old; Feb 3, 2011 at 10:31 PM.
shouldn't be hard to make them all look different, just make them as customizable as the characters themselves.
-----
Listening now, will be updating this post.
-----
-Horses are a maybe

-"alot of crafting", he mentioned potions, cooking, and forging I think? Wasn't paying attention.

-Spells seem very interactive with the environment, you won't be able to make spells, or the spell making system will change alot.

-The perks previously mentioned in the first page ARE NOT SIMILAR TO FALLOUT, don't get your hopes up for a mysterious stranger or anything like that.

-There will be a skill tree that helps you focus on one kind of gaming style. Not sure if that's a good thing, I was an all around guy back in Oblivion.

-There are about 280 "perks".

-Skill levels still matter, but not as much.

-The only advantage that you will have in the beggining is the race that you pick. No birthsigns or that kind of stuff. The races will seriously affect you though.

-Character creation, not as much liberty, way more beauty.

- The guy's description of a dragon was "the mix of a big daddy with a helicopter in halflife 2", ouch.

-The dragons took about 2 years of bethesda's best to develop, shit better be amazing.

E: halfway through
-----
- I am not sure if bethesda made some script to summon dragons or you can actually do something to call one. Probably just a development thing.

- Companions, they won't have so many personalities, but you can have a pretty big army of them chilling with you at all times.

- The guy took about 10 minutes talking about quests, long story short, the storyline and rewards of sidequests will be adjusted to your gameplay.

- factions are a yes, no details yet

- They seem to pretty confident of 11-11-11, which is good.

- apparently the prison thing is a tradition with TES

- Oblivion was always a generic fairytale, estatic-wise. Apparently Skyrim will be way more unique.

- Skyrim has about as many acres as Oblivion, BUT, the mountains will impair your walking.

- They are not aiming for ratings, thank god, but they are expecting an M.

- The compass will be always there, guys! Oh, and on the top now.

- The health bar and all will appear either if you're pretty damn hurt or if you're taking damage.

- PC will have, hurr, a higher res.

- The achievements and trophies won't be as easy as Oblivion.

- Kinect? No.

- In the beggining you don't know you're dragonborn.

- The graybeards know you're dragonborn, god knows who they are.

- It will take 7000 steps to reach the graybeards. When the dev team heard that they almost cried, apparently.

- You level faster

- Gameplay will be shown soon.
Last edited by sid; Feb 3, 2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Pete hines claimed that gameplay will be coming either within this month or shortly after that.(pax east or GDC idk) When he demoed it to internal folk in their london office he said "jaws dropped"

Pete hines... You dog you..
WOO THEY'RE MAKIN ANOTHER ONE! i always enjoyed morrowind the most because of the large map area and construction set!
Originally Posted by Clow View Post
This is awesome:

That's pretty much it.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."