ES Recruitment Drive
I wonder if they took into account peoples' complaining about Oblivion not being as uh... "sophisticated" as Morrowind was?

What i'd like is everything Morrowind style, but with Oblivion's combat system. Morrowind was annoying early on, what with this being the general sequence of events during a fight:
*SWOOSH* *SWOOSH* *SWOOSH* *SWOOSH* [HIT] *SWOOSH* *SWOOSH*
Even though you can see the weapon hitting them quite clearly. Bouncing off the enemy to say you did no damage is nicer than blatantly saying that you missed when you clearly saw the attack hit them. Even better would be if a "miss" was detected by the computer, the enemy blocks or dodges. Physically, not *SWOOSH*. Therefore the only way to truly miss would be if the enemy dodged out of the way, or if you couldn't line yourself up correctly for the weapon to contact them.
Last edited by 4zb41; Dec 18, 2010 at 08:10 AM.
I cant wait really, been reading up on this for a while now. I cant stop playing oblivion but it has problems, serious problems... Skyrim will be more stable with less crashes, im glad to see the engine is being made by Bethesda so it will be modder friendly and hopefully stable and smooth even durring the think of battle against 100's of people.

That brings me to my 2nd point i hope the battles are more epic, oblivion got old when you charged at this massive portal that was meant to end the whole world, and only 4 creatures come charging out. You and all the help you gathered(3 guards and martin) can hold off quite easy.
Yeh, Elder Scrolls is not about masses of enemies but rather a more strategic approach that goes from 1 to 5 enemies at once, allowing you to think about what you're doing. I like it that way.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
loved morrowind and oblivion...this is gotta be awesome.
modder friendly XD XD XD XD
oblivion mods are epic
<Pab10> i knew it
<Pab10> im a wizard
I just hope that it will still be able on xbox360 and I even more hope that it will have a coop mode
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
elderscrolls and co-op do not mix.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Although i'm sure most would agree it would be nice to have a multiplayer function. Even if it was just arena fights using your own equipment.
@4zb41 I know what you mean about morrrowinds combat system. Bu it was such a great game that I overlooked it and eventually it disappeared. Altough I think they hould use the combat system from the indie game Mount&Blade. That game has an awesome combat system.
#Magnus - #Sigma