Toribash
Originally Posted by phish View Post
i hate playing against steve, nina, hwoarang, katarina, negan, fahkumram, and LUCKY CHLOE
99% of the time anyone who plays any of these characters are button mashing cave dwellers that abuse the characters gimmicks

steve players mash 1 and 2 and get counterhits on everything you attempt to do, only counter is another steve

nina is just mashing slide and jabs

hwoarang LMAO FLAMENCO STANCE anyone that plays hwoarang thinks they are a mixup god

katarina is one of if not the easiest character to play, kicks only

negan has 2 counterhit moves that remove 50% of my health and i hate it

fahkumram

lucky chloe

I have problems with execution on kazuya often enough, so im considering playing an aggressive character like dragunov that takes at least a few brain cells to use and isnt just wiping my slimy hands over the buttons to win

who should I play as a 2nd character?

none of these characters will be a problem beyond green ranks

steve and hwoarang have a hard time breaking turtles (well, save for hwoarangs grab game, but no one in green ranks is going to apply that properly) just spam hellsweep

nina's strings are gimmicks, as soon as you know where to duck parry and step its an easy counter, just study the strings you see hitting you so much

katarina is dangerous in green ranks when you don't know her but overall shes pretty weak, just spam hellsweep

don't get counterhit with negan lol

you arent safe from fahkumram

lucky chloe sucks, only abusable move is the looping string that you can lowparry, if you're getting hit by anything else you deserve it

pick a character that's easier on the execution, dragunov is a decent pick (if you discount iWR moves) but his game is still somewhat annoying to apply, so you'll have to study a lot to win with him. i'd say you should stick with kazuya though, if your execution isn't good enough try find alternate moves you can use that aren't necessarily max damage, but just enough so that you get some reward for your opponents mistake
bro 75% of LC's "gimmicks" gets fucked if you just down parry her, she's a horrible character, and you're a kazuya main just hell sweep and spam ewgf ez

SOMTHING NEW SOMETHING NEW

Originally Posted by Sunther View Post
you're a kazuya main just hell sweep and spam ewgf ez

i would rather not
tabby already doesnt enjoy how i play kazuya (using the 50/50 mixup) i dont think he'd enjoy Tekken Time anymore if i spammed like a monkey

and spamming isnt enjoyable i wish to have fun not at the expense of my opponent
i just do not enjoy kazuya
-----
Last edited by tabby; Jan 20, 2021 at 07:45 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
some of the most frustrating opponents i fought against were kazuyas tbh
i hate how this character plays
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hellsweep's the best 50/50 in the game, the only thing kazuya's weak at are people who have balls the size of melons who just keeps doing df f df f since both ewgf and hellsweep (his 2 best tools) can be crouched and hellsweep can be down parried.

Just keep playing ang get familiar with match ups and learn how to punish characters you face a lot's most used moves, preferably characters who are being used a lot, like Paul, Jin, Kazuya, Hwoarang, etc etc.

SOMTHING NEW SOMETHING NEW

honestly the move im usually mor concerned about is his df+2 i guess, which is the counter hit that blackouts you

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
honestly the move im usually mor concerned about is his df+2 i guess, which is the counter hit that blackouts you

its -12 and easy to see and punish
https://rbnorway.org/kazuya-t7-frames/
i14 is hardly easy to see
-----
if you have a good instinct for when you think they might throw a d/f+2 at you try go for a hopkick, usually beats it out because of hitbox even if they are the same speed, otherwise throw out some keepout pokes and keep them out of range to throw a d/f+2
-----
anyone got general advice for anna? ran into a genbu anna earlier today (first time ever playing against anna) and won about 7 out of 16 matches so i did aight but i have no idea how to play against her
-----
nvm just seems i need to block low more LMFAO
-----
why am i running into so many annas now
Last edited by tabby; Jan 21, 2021 at 03:05 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
do you know any Asuka punishers for 12 frames?
only thing i can think about is her 2, 3 but i'd rather go for a launcher if possible

also im still trying to figure out how to play against Anna abusers but unfortunately (?) there arent many in my rank

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]