ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by DeakManiac View Post
For 1.) This is a free game.. You do NOT HAVE to pay a damn thing to this game so shut the fuck up about "I paid for this game". You didn't pay nothing unless you wanted to buy shit. For 2.) All games has their glitches, there is no game out there without a glitch. COD/BF/Halo/GTA all those games are top games and they have glitches as well. With you raging at the staff like this will not solve a damn thing.

There's an option to pay, they obviously encourage you to pay, don't even act like they don't give a fuck if you pay or not, because they do. And comparing is a facile argument...there's a huge difference between the the glitches in Toribash and the glitches in, let's just say Halo. The glitches in Toribash actually fuck you over, in Halo it doesn't as much. And I've never experienced slow servers on Halo multiplayer, and if I ever do, i'll understand because there's more than 1000 people online. I'm not raging at staff i'm complaining to the developers.

Originally Posted by LucidSpore View Post
The game runs perfectly for me, and has since day 1. I'm running it on a shitty 6 year old laptop as well.
Rather than whine about the game, why not just quit playing it if it's so bad?
Sheesh~

I hate it when people say that, "Why not just quit?", can a person not complain nowadays without being told the option to quit? No fucking shit I know I can quit, I don't need to be told that. How about the devs of Toribash start taking the complaints into consideration and fix the game so that they stop getting so many complaints and people quitting...
It's like saying if I get a stain on a shirt, I should just throw it out and never wear it again, without trying to get the stain out? That's such a stupid thing to say
-----
Originally Posted by EdiTz View Post
To Ellis:

First off like Deak said this game is free. Second how would you compare toribash to LoL. In LoL they have money from people buying all the stuff they have of course they are going to have more players.

To mouth:

...by what he means that its a free game that there is no drawback for playing. You didn't pay for the game so you don't have to complain about it. And dude this game is in update 4.3 there is still more to come and remember this is a small community based game there is not +100 people working on this game idk the exact numbers of people working on toribash but its probably no more than 25 people.

And less and less people play it because this game has a huge learning curve if you haven't noticed -.-

LoL has an OPTION to pay, and people pay because they enjoy the game. Toribash has AN OPTION TO PAY, and people pay because they want to enjoy the game, but they can't because of the shitty slow glitchy buggy servers. Both of the games developers always try to encourage you to buy their things, because that's how they make their money. But if you can't even make a good game for people to pay, then why would someone want to pay...do you see what i'm saying?
Last edited by 3llismore; Apr 12, 2013 at 01:54 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The Name Of The Game.
Like I said to mouth there is probably less than 25 peopl,e working on the game dude. Its not perfect and halo has been out for a long time...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ΣɗiƮ
Have Fun | Enjoy Life | Stay cool
Originally Posted by 3llismore View Post
LoL has an OPTION to pay, and people pay because they enjoy the game. Toribash has AN OPTION TO PAY, and people pay because they want to enjoy the game, but they can't because of the shitty slow glitchy buggy servers.

LoL also has a larger userbase (as you stated, 32 million players). They also have a very large team of developers working on things so that the game can be relatively bug free, and run smoothly. Toribash, on the other hand, has a much smaller community, and even less people working on the game. Naturally, one would think that a game with a larger community would rake in more money? As well, wouldn't you think that if there were less developers, less things would be done in the same amount of time?

Your comparison is similar to complaining about a bird not being as fast as a jet.
Inq | GM | ORMO | Replay Thread
Need help with anything? PM me
Beta | Orko | Uric | Vodka | Aj | Ed | Firebolty | EJM | ChuckNinja
<[Obey]PlataBear> I yolo so hard erth looks up from his toilet
EJM wants me to change my name back. What say you, folks?
Originally Posted by EdiTz View Post
Like I said to mouth there is probably less than 25 peopl,e working on the game dude. Its not perfect and halo has been out for a long time...

That's really no excuse in my opinion. Quality over quantity, doesn't matter if they have 500 people if none of them are good at what they do (not saying the "25" aren't good at what they do, but from what i've seen, it appears as though they aren't). And buddy...Toribash has been out for almost 7 years now, don't even try to say that.
The Name Of The Game.
Where does Halo come from?
Halo is not a rag-doll physics game, you don't bet your credits then your xbox/ps3 turns off (Same as pinging to me on toribash)
This game has been out for almost as long as halo.
Why are we talking about TC in the first place? or free games?
like ellis said, this game has an Option to pay, and who wants to pay when tc goes to shit and Gm's don't do anything?
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
LoL also has a larger userbase (as you stated, 32 million players). They also have a very large team of developers working on things so that the game can be relatively bug free, and run smoothly. Toribash, on the other hand, has a much smaller community, and even less people working on the game. Naturally, one would think that a game with a larger community would rake in more money? As well, wouldn't you think that if there were less developers, less things would be done in the same amount of time?

Your comparison is similar to complaining about a bird not being as fast as a jet.

I somewhat agree with you, but a smaller game with a smaller community and less developers would mean the Players to Developers ratio should be about the same, right? Which is why I think it's no excuse.
The Name Of The Game.
I somewhat agree with you, but a smaller game with a smaller community and less developers would mean the Players to Developers ratio should be about the same, right? Which is why I think it's no excuse.

That doesn't make any sense.

If you have 1000 people buying from a store, and 10 people buying from another store, who do you suppose will expand faster?

If said store has 100 working members, versus the other store with 5 members, who do you suppose will get more things done?

It really isn't hard to understand. Toribash doesn't have the same amount of numbers as LoL. There are less people buying than there are on LoL, there are less developers than there are on LoL. LoL will continue to grow because of the amount of people there are working on it/buying their stuff, whereas the growth of Toribash will not be as fast because there are less people buying stuff and less people working on the game.
Inq | GM | ORMO | Replay Thread
Need help with anything? PM me
Beta | Orko | Uric | Vodka | Aj | Ed | Firebolty | EJM | ChuckNinja
<[Obey]PlataBear> I yolo so hard erth looks up from his toilet
EJM wants me to change my name back. What say you, folks?
There's an option to pay, they obviously encourage you to pay, don't even act like they don't give a fuck if you pay or not, because they do. And comparing is a facile argument...there's a huge difference between the the glitches in Toribash and the glitches in, let's just say Halo. The glitches in Toribash actually fuck you over, in Halo it doesn't as much. And I've never experienced slow servers on Halo multiplayer, and if I ever do, i'll understand because there's more than 1000 people online. I'm not raging at staff i'm complaining to the developers.

The complaints you are making are either incredibly insignificant and not worth their time, or they are not problems the developers can do anything about. Hampa cares about Toribash, if it was broken, he'd fix it.

I hate it when people say that, "Why not just quit?", can a person not complain nowadays without being told the option to quit? No fucking shit I know I can quit, I don't need to be told that. How about the devs of Toribash start taking the complaints into consideration and fix the game so that they stop getting so many complaints and people quitting...
It's like saying if I get a stain on a shirt, I should just throw it out and never wear it again, without trying to get the stain out? That's such a stupid thing to say

No, as a matter of fact, you can't. We tell you that for our potential benefit; your absence from the community and the fact that we won't have to continue to listen to your whining. Awful analogy by the way.
-----

LoL has an OPTION to pay, and people pay because they enjoy the game. Toribash has AN OPTION TO PAY, and people pay because they want to enjoy the game, but they can't because of the shitty slow glitchy buggy servers. Both of the games developers always try to encourage you to buy their things, because that's how they make their money. But if you can't even make a good game for people to pay, then why would someone want to pay...do you see what i'm saying?

Considering that users have spent lots of money on toribash before and are still doing so, what you are saying is invalid and as such your entire argument is invalid. In any case, Toribash isn't broken.

Originally Posted by mouth View Post
Where does Halo come from?
Halo is not a rag-doll physics game, you don't bet your credits then your xbox/ps3 turns off (Same as pinging to me on toribash)
This game has been out for almost as long as halo.
Why are we talking about TC in the first place? or free games?
like ellis said, this game has an Option to pay, and who wants to pay when tc goes to shit and Gm's don't do anything?

If you have connection problems and disconnect, that's the fault of your shitty inconsistent connection. Toribash's servers have absolutely nothing wrong with them.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post

They aint slow, if it's slow for you then there's a problem either on your end or with your connection. They run perfectly fine for me, and I'm on a shitty UK DSL connection so other people should have no problem what so ever. There are people managing to play using crappy 3G dongles, they have no problems.

And I'm bashin' in bbb as we speak.
Okay, let's just forget about the slow servers. I experience it, and so do many other people and all of you are obviously just too much of this game's bitch to admit that the servers are shit, and won't let us realists address an issue that should be fixed. But whatever, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
What about the frame skipping then? That's incredibly annoying and has probably cost me thousands of TC, why hasn't that been fixed since 2010? And don't say it happens rarely, because it happens to me A LOT.
The Name Of The Game.