Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
[REL] Marshu
Marshu
A boxshu adaptation based on an original work by ynvaser utilizing the wushu rule set

Features/Improvements:
  • Modified point multipliers that favor the neck, head, and torso. Limbs are worth dramatically less points.
  • Narrow corridor with a high ceiling, to make it harder to run with the points as well as to encourage aerial combat
  • 1250 match frames so that players can feel like they have actually finished a fight
  • 600 engage distance to break most of the common openers and encourage improvised moves
  • Walls as a means to confine the play area rather than a dojo that mentally shackles players
  • Walls can be used for launches and comebacks (CBs) which is more novice friendly

On the night of it's release, [5/23/15], we had a server reach 30k decap prize on this mod. Also, SparkyAU was rather fond of it and decided to host a GMTourney with Marshu.tbm; it enjoyed a warm reception and the general consensus was that it was a vast improvement over traditional boxshu or wushu mods.

It is my desire that one day this mod may be used on an official server, or perhaps even as a direct replacement for wushu_2015.tbm on public wushu, which I felt was such a vast letdown due to the restriction it puts on what was once a great freestyle mod.

Edit: Marshu_2015.tbm is more suitable for public servers. See below for changes.

Marshu_2015
A better balanced adaptation for the public wushu server

Features/Improvements:
  • Better balanced point distribution so that getting hit in the head is not quite as unforgiving
  • More focus on center mass of the body for higher scores against the vitals
  • Lower ceiling for better control during aerial combat and to make it harder to get around your opponent, better forcing confrontation
  • Match frames reduced to 1000, optimized for faster queue rotation

Marshu_Mushu
A better balanced adaptation for the public boxshu_wushu_v3 server, as well as for dueling purposes

Features/Improvements:
  • Everything listed above, plus
  • Very closely related to boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm by ynvaser, which has been a proven formula for success
  • The difference is the dimensions which force confrontation better and make for fairer play
  • I don't like mushu, but I made this for the community.
Attached Files
marshu.tbm (7.2 KB, 12 views)
marshu_2015.tbm (8.4 KB, 9 views)
marshu_mushu.tbm (7.5 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by MarstunoM; May 23, 2015 at 10:40 PM. Reason: More content