Ranking
Original Post
Discord #suggestions board.
I believe there should be a proper #suggestions board.
Maybe after reading this you'll agree.

Have you ever had a small, quick suggestion you want to quickly throw out to known members of the community and quickly discuss?

Note: It wouldn't replace this suggestions board, it'd be an alternative for quick insight onto an idea to help ENHANCE your post here, before even making it. A lot of ideas get shot down because the original post didn't address some existing cons or arguments, which people bring up in the replies.

» Pros «

* Just like there are #market, #off-topic, #art, et cetera, there should be #suggestions for the same reason; quick talk about stuff.

* Would allow for more discussion on a topic and immediate addressing of counter arguments.

* Can get quick insight on pros/cons/arguments to the idea before suggesting it to the forums, that way you could enhance your post by addressing those pros/cons/arguments in it.

» Cons «

* Can't think of any. See "Arguments And My Counters".

» Arguments And My Counters «

Argument:
"We have a forum board dedicated to Suggestions, why have on on Discord?" - Unicorn
Counter:
We also have a forum board for Marketing, Art, Replays, Off-Topic, and mods, yet we have those in Discord too.

Argument:
"Why do you need fast paced discussion on suggestions?" - Unicorn
Counter:
Because some people prefer it that way. If I have a discussion I want to engage multiple people with and have talked about BEFORE I go to the forums, I'd rather post it in the Discord where more people are going to respond to it, and faster, and get some general ideas on why people would think it would work and why it wouldn't work. This ultimately would enhance the post I'd make on the forums by a lot, because I'd already have some insight on pros/cons to the idea I could address in the post. Kinda like this one.

It's a few clicks, some keyboard clacks, and a button stopping you guys from adding a #suggestions board which could enhance a lot of future posts, hopefully this doesn't go unnoticed!

I think this is a good idea, but suggestion boards might get spammed and crowded with silly, dumb ideas that can overshadow the good ideas. Unless you can think of a way to control that, I don't believe this will go that far. Just my fair and honest opinion.
My name is bobby. I am a bobb. One day I woke up, and I decided to be a jilll. It didn't go well. I have since then remained a Bobb.
Originally Posted by Astralword View Post
I think this is a good idea, but suggestion boards might get spammed and crowded with silly, dumb ideas that can overshadow the good ideas. Unless you can think of a way to control that, I don't believe this will go that far. Just my fair and honest opinion.

Great insight, didn't think of mentioning this in the original post, but if i raised this idea in #suggestions on discord and you said it, i would've.

It could be regulated by rules, like every other board, except more strictly I suppose is the only way to properly moderate it
no thanks

all discord channels have pretty laidback moderation. moderating a discord channel where you are supposed to have actual discussion on suggestion topics, in a strict way, will be an unnecessary pain in the ass for the moderators. plus, since discord is too dynamic and fast-paced, it'll be nearly impossible to discuss one idea at a time. imagine multiple people suggesting different things at once and how big of a shitfest the discussion would be... not to mention off-topic, redundant, irrelevant, useless messages and whatnot

you have a structured board just for this. suggestion discussion isn't quick, like offering on a head texture. just look at any other thread around here, it requires considerably lengthy discussion.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
no thanks

all discord channels have pretty laidback moderation. moderating a discord channel where you are supposed to have actual discussion on suggestion topics, in a strict way, will be an unnecessary pain in the ass for the moderators. plus, since discord is too dynamic and fast-paced, it'll be nearly impossible to discuss one idea at a time. imagine multiple people suggesting different things at once and how big of a shitfest the discussion would be... not to mention off-topic, redundant, irrelevant, useless messages and whatnot

you have a structured board just for this. suggestion discussion isn't quick, like offering on a head texture. just look at any other thread around here, it requires considerably lengthy discussion.

that last bit is completely subjective.

there is nowhere near enough discussion for it to be "unmanagable". it'd be as simple as "hey don't talk about this in suggestions, bring it to off-topic" like they ALREADY DO for #toribash and #off-topic.

all you've said is issues that already lie in ALL boards, and your "it's not supposed to be fast paced" is completely subjective. if that's how YOU FEEL, then make a forums post. otherwise, if you're like me, throw it in #suggestions.
Finally get around to post here, as i told you a few valid points on discord already.

there is absolutley no need for a channel like that.

Any sort of idea, no matter how important, good or bad it is, is valuable.
they can be enhanced when others see it or directly shut down for several reasons.

The majority of suggestions would've been lost in the channel, as the chat is too fast paced. some suggestions would get circlejerked when on the forums its clear that its not possible/won't be done.

if you have any suggestion, idea that could improve the game or anything related to it. throw it into this board.
it is commonly viewed by admins+ those who are in charge of the things, if they like the idea of your suggestion they can participate in the discussion or bring it up among the staff team for enhancing the idea.
thus, any small idea is valuable and should not get lost in the messes of a discord channel.

you dont need to have instant input on any idea you have. you can wait a few hours so people, who actually can change the things get to see it and say something about it.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
I am curious on how people reply to a certain suggestion in this #suggestion if it actually happens when there are more than one suggestion happened at one times. I am sure there will be times where several people make a suggestion and not everyone can give an input to every suggestion there.

And chat in discord get easily drowned by other suggestion/input which makes when there's actually a good suggestion, admin or any staff that related to that suggestion can't find that suggestion and take it to other staff to discuss it more. And not every suggestion got seen by staff as the same time as it is created, mind that.

I am curious on what is your take on this, since i can't think a good and applicable idea for this.
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
@Nike well even though it would require more moderating when an idea is presented there could be just discord staff that would pin the suggestion so people could go through pinned messages to see suggestions.
Plottin' on me! They're plottin' on me!
DropKick | R.I.P. [JollyR] | [RelaxAll]
No.
If you want opinions on something in the discord then just go and ask it in #off-topic, if you want to officially suggest something then post it here (like you just did)
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Originally Posted by billy View Post
@Nike well even though it would require more moderating when an idea is presented there could be just discord staff that would pin the suggestion so people could go through pinned messages to see suggestions.

only smods+ can pin stuff on discord.

also said staff would need to even see the suggestion for it to pin and need to evaluate that its good enough to be pinned.

but who discusses about pinned stuff? i barely look at them overall.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken