Ranking
Original Post
I'm sure its pretty self-explanatory but I'll do it anyways

I was thinking that toribash should have an option to have an avatar preview much like how we can preview our posts.

The reason for this is that it really is cumbersome to pick an avatar and go through trial and error to see if it was formatted correctly (right size and shape), and constantly coming back.

might just be me being lazy, but since we have a "preview post" we should have a preview avatar imo.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Yea, this would be cool. But I don't think it's as much as a problem as you're suggesting.
I agree.
Just memorize the size of the avvy
Last edited by Kirito; Jan 18, 2016 at 03:19 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Just memorize the size of the avvy

It won't help with the auto resizing as you won't know the dimensions of the new avatar and whether or not it appeals to the user.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
I do agree since I myself am constantly using flashy avatars and i edit them myself. I find it annoying when i have to constantly load up another tab to see if my avatar looks like it should.

Supported
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
It's usually never the size that gets me, I've memorized that. It's the amount of KB that they require.

I like this idea.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Ever considered pre-scaling them to the correct size before uploading & checking them before hand? Just an idea...

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I did, but I feel adding something like this would add to a more user-friendly setting. Not everyone is good at prescaling (I know 12 year old me wasn't), so its a change in the right direction in my opinion allowing the forums to be more accessible and easier to use.

I think it would help those who change their avatars quite frequently, plus it makes things run smoother and as Fates said, people are constantly tabbing out to check their stuff etc. Which can get pretty annoying sometimes.

Its similar to how hampa implemented adding replays on the forum. People could have just used file sharing services such as 2shared, speedyshare, rapidshare (rip), etc and not bothered with the work, but he added the thing in anyways.

It just makes things a lot easier in the long run, and there aren't really any downsides that I can see.
I guess it could be helpful to preview stuff, I'll support this.

But like other's stated, you can just scale it accordingly from the get go and all your problems are eliminated. The Avatar isn't really that big of a issue anyways unless you have VIP and you're using fancy stuff like moving pictures, looking at you Skulfuk. <3
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •