Ranking
Original Post
Which sections of the toribash community have evolved
Which of the sections in the toribash community do you believe have gotten better, or worsened.

Bitter I may seem, but I believe all of the sections, duels, art, market excluding clans have all fallen rock bottem

duels because everyone is getting scammed

art because people make "5minute art for 5-20k"

and market because the prices of everything are all screwy, but thats always been that way I guess. Hunter force = 150k in 2010 Wtf?

Overall, where do you thing the community will be, a year or 2 from now. I have my own guess, what about yours?
Dunno anything about duels, art, or the market. Well maybe a bit about art, but that area is weird because you can measure the development of art in general v. the art market. I would say that the art market has gotten sour compared to what it was in the past, and that it'll take more than time to fix it.

I think the wushu community has gotten better, but that may be because I only played Toribash casually when I first started. So I could have not known about a community that was already there (This is probably the case).

Also I'm uneducated in this area. But from what I observe it looks like Aikido Big Dojo may overtake Aikido in popularity in the future.
(>^_^)>
clans are somewhat redundant now because everyone and their mom is a leader of some clan

the market is very active and i like it that way, its more interesting than it used to be for sure, and supplies lots of scams for me to work on

replays, everyone is super crazy at replays now, i really like to watch them now compared to before when there were only a few good replay makers

i agree with you about art, too many people selling it and trying to make money instead of making it to make something that looks good, and selling it for a quick buck.

and duels used to be horrible but with the new rules everything should be good with those.

in 1-2 years, toribash will either explode due to greenlight, or stagnate and the population will slowly start to decline, but with the item forgers and hampa making some good updates recently, i think there is hope for the game getting a lot better very soon, so it may be okay even if we dont get greenlit.

[T]
#hi

Toriprime has become shit with all these new people.

Offtopic has become shit with no interesting topics.

Originally Posted by ishi View Post
the market is very active and i like it that way, its more interesting than it used to be for sure, and supplies lots of scams for me to work on

Not true. More active than when I joined (in April)? Yeah! Maybe... not sure.

More active than back in the day? No way, market was way more active back in the '10 and '11. Not that I marketeered, but just check the history! 8 full pages of market items threads per day.

Now it's like only 2... 2,5... maybe 3

It's basically 3 times less active atm, market is dead and arrowbasse / venuk take all the deals anyway (they online all day more or less, always refreshing hard working buggers)
Idk about the rest of you, but I believe with the state duels are in, they may end up dragging the rest of the community down further. I predict in 2 years we will have gone so far rock bottom, we'll be playing go fish with the devil in hell.
Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
Not true. More active than when I joined (in April)? Yeah! Maybe... not sure.

More active than back in the day? No way, market was way more active back in the '10 and '11. Not that I marketeered, but just check the history! 8 full pages of market items threads per day.

Now it's like only 2... 2,5... maybe 3

It's basically 3 times less active atm, market is dead and arrowbasse / venuk take all the deals anyway (they online all day more or less, always refreshing hard working buggers)

In winter 2010 there were ridiculous amounts of usermade toricredit shops selling up to 21,000 toricredits per 1 USD
That was during the time of the great inflation when there were more toribash millionaires than sand on a beach.
Now the economy of toribash is rather stable again so the market naturally doesn't grow as fast as it used to.
That's a good thing.

…so back on topic: Toribash economy evolved to the better due to TC sinking.
Originally Posted by iLiltay View Post
art because people make "5minute art for 5-20k"

Depends how you're looking at it.
The art community and the art market are two separate scenes.

The art community has grown and evolved on a scale only comparable to the replay scene.
being a creative community, change/growth/evolution goes without saying.
comparing what is around now, the standards and the styles, to what was around in 2008/2009, the growth is obvious.
The problem presented to the art community now, is not a stagnant community, but new blood. The art scene atm has about 3-5 elite (by toribash standards) texturers that are active and making textures.

90% of new texturers, from outside communities, do not stay around long enough to become established in the art scene.
With art being the most time intensive area of the toribash community, and the inclusion of joint textures, texturers cant find enough reasons to invest 12-36 hours into a quality texture set.

The art market however, has gone from an growing economy, to a receeding one, where the supply of average/old sets far outweigh the number of active "elite"(by toribash standards) texturers.
leading to the art market being run by the marketers instead of the art scene.
activity in the request boards and Artist run shops, are secondary to auctions and sales by marketers.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by Meniken View Post
In winter 2010 there were ridiculous amounts of usermade toricredit shops selling up to 21,000 toricredits per 1 USD
That was during the time of the great inflation when there were more toribash millionaires than sand on a beach.
Now the economy of toribash is rather stable again so the market naturally doesn't grow as fast as it used to.
That's a good thing.

…so back on topic: Toribash economy evolved to the better due to TC sinking.

Ok, the tcs were farmed (still a lot of TCs are farmed, but prob. less). Problem with the new, 'evolved' market it's that it's harder to market due to less items offers.

So I still don't get how a semi-inactive market is better than market flowing with items? Only exception would be the balanced tc - usd price, which is kinda good.
Last edited by JSnuffMARS; Jun 26, 2013 at 05:04 AM.
You don't see why it was bad because you fail to look at the issue from perspectives other than your own.
Great inflation caused the value of toricredits to shrink to 21k per 1 USD. The shop item's value is stagnant relative to value of toricredits, meaning that both items and toricredits got flooded all over the market. For marketeers and users that was positive as they could get their hands on shit easily without suffering consequences of the inflation.
hampa and his company were the ones suffering from the consequences as the great inflation caused the demand for items from his shop to shirnk. TC boosters and toricredits from the torishop were a very inefficient method of earning toricredits compared to marketing.
That's been reversed and now nabi probably makes more profit than it did back then because the economy is stable now.