ES Recruitment Drive
I'm saying in a civilized society, consent is an important principle. Animals don't live in a civilized society, the sex they have is instinctual.
My signature sucks
Yeah, they definitely don't have sex to reproduce or anything. People also get raped, is that because we have some kind of instinctual drive to have sex as well? Don't forget we are animals too.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
We do have animalistic instincts, you're right, but rape is counterproductive to society. If you want to be a part of society, don't act like an animal.

Sex at its most basic level is for reproduction, and that's why it's instinctual, that's why it feels good, to reinforce the behavior. But modern society doesn't focus around reproduction like it did thousands of years ago. People have recreational sex probably more than sex intended to reproduce.
Last edited by Thellian; Jul 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM.
My signature sucks
You're arguing now about rape, when this is really about sex with animals. You said consent is an important principle in civilized society, rapes occur frequently in society, and we haven't just crumbled entirely, I don't really think that's valid. You basically said you have a problem with this because you don't think an animal could consent to having sex, how do animals consent with themselves? Some do, some don't. We'll just have to assume they do. Studies have proven some dolphins just go out and rape and kill other dolphins if they are sexually frustrated. But the dolphin civilized society doesn't crumble. This isn't about instincts be honest; you just don't think animals are smart enough to consent to having sex with a human.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
You've missed my point entirely. Let me break it down for you. To consent, one must be able to thoughtfully consider the proposal or action. Animals, I'm quite certain, cannot do this. You pretend that natural urges for sex = consent for it, but no. You ask how do animals consent with themselves? They don't. You're trying too hard to translate human ideas onto animal behavior. It's just like killing. Would you call an animal eating another animal murder? Of course not. But a person eating another person, well, that's another story.
Last edited by Thellian; Jul 3, 2013 at 01:15 AM.
My signature sucks
Consent is a normal part of human sexual relations, but not necessarily for that of animals. Sexual coercion has been observed, sometimes as a social strategy, in many mammal species, such as dolphins and other primates. This does not justify a forceful sexual assault of an animal, but it shows that we should not expect to establish consent in the same way that we do for other humans.
This said, animals can, in fact, show consent. A healthy, mobile animal is capable of resisting unwanted touch and encouraging pleasurable petting. Animals even initiate sex acts with humans, often in the form of a male animal advancing on a person to thrust his pelvis against the person.

We do not require consent for slaughtering, enslaving, or breeding animals, thus the human standard does not and cannot always legally apply.
Originally Posted by Mwah View Post
In the US it is pretty much widely accepted (except for maybe some southern states) that homosexuality is alright.

14/50 is not a majority.

Originally Posted by Mwah View Post
I'd like your input on this matter, should humans be able to have intimate relationships with animals?

Animals cannot consent according to current legal definitions. Animals cannot sign legal documents.

Ignoring moral implications, anti-beastiality laws are grounded in existing laws, they exist merely for consolidation.
Mwah, are you zoophile? Srs? I don't find animals sexualy attractive myself, is that normal?
Last edited by JSnuffMARS; Jul 4, 2013 at 03:50 AM.
The only thing that makes this topic illegal is whoever decided to do so, and once it is made illegal it is pretty much impossible to reverse that because debating this topic at hand would in fact be incriminating to the person who would want to reverse it, therfore they would either end up in jail, psycologically evaluated, or have all of their communications monitered for any "suspicious" activity relating to the subject.

I don't see anything wrong with beastiality as long as the one you are sharing the intimate moment with is consenting. notice I say one? not person, not animal, not someone, one. animals are the same as us, we are animals. we are all one in the same and we all share this planet with each other. I don't like that our species is causing so much destruction to this planet which in turn is killing off many of our brothers and sisters

We are all one in the same and if we both consent to do something than there is nothing wrong with that, so long as it doesn't cause harm to another individual, the individual that is consenting with you, and as long as the one that is consenting with you is an adult.
Last edited by tertywerty; Jul 4, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it