Ranking
Original Post
The Most Consistent Mod?
So I've been talking about this with plenty of people and I don't think I've even come close to a suitable answer.

If you had to pick a mod, in Toribash, that by being the better player you would win over your opponent, which mod would it be?

It's obvious mods like Judo, with 70 turnframes and extreme DMs, any player could do a game winning move in the first turn without any counterplay. This has a lot less counterplay, and a lot of luck than say greykido which gives you plenty of time to re-adjust your strategy.

You would think duelers, people who wager money (especially high stakes) would want to play the mod they can win out consistently in, and they've actually gravitated to playing boxshu_mushu_v3 (no fractures on). I don't know if that is telling of the balance of the mod or not.

-----

So what do you guys think? What mod, if you were the best player in the world at it, would you maintain the highest win rate against other great players at?

What factors did you think about when coming up with your answer?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Lenshu3ng. There's not much when it comes to luck, only your ability to maneuver around the ring. And running isn't really easy to do with the ring.
And rarely any bullshit DM's.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
^^^And you cant get a tie easily like in wushu..
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post
Lenshu3ng. There's not much when it comes to luck, only your ability to maneuver around the ring. And running isn't really easy to do with the ring.
And rarely any bullshit DM's.

agree, very enjoyable mod and i have honestly always felt like i lost when i was terrible and won when i was better than my opponent. i do not have any criteria for a consistent mod besides my experience
oh yeah
Originally Posted by God View Post
lenshu is <3, and eki, too

It's pretty good practice if you're into sparring/ parkouring,too.
Taekkyon, great for Bashing uke, but needs more time
Taek Kyon.

Just the right distance for all limbs to be used effectively, low enough turn frames to give counterplay, culminates in the one hit that usually would end any other gamemode anyways.

I would argue that there's no such thing as a bullshit dm. All dms are predictable to an extent. I've seen no shortage of people in tk who keep trying to move when they are certain to get hit and get dismembered, when if they just relaxed the right joints nothing would have broken because the joints would have moved with the hit, thus making the dismember threshold artificially higher than if they resisted the hit by keeping the joint in a rigid movement. After the hit, you just take into consideration that the joint is now weaker, and thus can't take further hits well or make abrupt, opposite, movements.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I asked largekilla once

Originally Posted by largeKilla
Best mod? as in competitive toribash mods? if so then I'd say Taekkyon.tbm because its the closest o ukebashing.

Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Taek Kyon.

Just the right distance for all limbs to be used effectively, low enough turn frames to give counterplay, culminates in the one hit that usually would end any other gamemode anyways.

I would argue that there's no such thing as a bullshit dm. All dms are predictable to an extent. I've seen no shortage of people in tk who keep trying to move when they are certain to get hit and get dismembered, when if they just relaxed the right joints nothing would have broken because the joints would have moved with the hit, thus making the dismember threshold artificially higher than if they resisted the hit by keeping the joint in a rigid movement. After the hit, you just take into consideration that the joint is now weaker, and thus can't take further hits well or make abrupt, opposite, movements.

I used to think TK as well, but from what I have gathered, even the absolute kings of the mod have unexpected DMs. Especially in the wrists.

It makes sense in theory, 10 TF = loads of time for reacting.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I don't think taekkyon is a really consistent mod. I might really like it,and no glitches happen, but there are problems with noobs umm newcomers.

They don't hit each other
They move away from each other
They don't move(which results to idling),thinking they'll win
They don't hit each other

<3

And Gtboxing.tbm is also good, you'll have no choice but to fight
You can't run because your feet are stuck on the ground