Toribash
View Poll Results: Can you taste bitterness?
Yes.
18 Votes / 94.74%
No.
1 Votes / 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Can you taste bitterness?
Well, can you? This is just an out-of-curiosity research. I found out (in school) that 30% of the Danish population can't taste bitterness, which aroused my curiosity as to how big a percentage can't on a more global scale. With this forum being the most suited for my personal little research (1. I won't get lynched by trolls, 2. There are members from all over the world, and 3. There are a lot of members in here), i figured i should post it here.

So, it's a simple yes/no question, really. Can you taste bitterness? I can. Blech. Sometimes i wish i couldn't. >.>
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Yeah, I can. Whenever I taste something bitter I get this "eeugghghh" feeling and I try to spit it out/swallow it asap.
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
Interesting thread, but... if people can't taste bitterness, how would they know that it actually exists?
♠NO♠
yes, it would be rather interesting to not taste things :s

although bitterness can be nice, can balance out an extremly sweet dish, or something.

[T]
#hi

Yeah, that's true. But there are also people who like really bitter things *shudder*.
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
Yeah, coffee is a very good example of something very bitter. I can't drink it for all it's bitterness. Bitter bitter bitter.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Originally Posted by Galrath View Post
Interesting thread, but... if people can't taste bitterness, how would they know that it actually exists?

They're bound to have heard/read about bitterness at least once in their lifetime, or at least heard a "BLECH" when someone else ate something bitter, while they can't taste it themselves.

Anyways, interesting results so far, 100% who can taste it. Surely, there must be at least one who can't taste it?
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
While we're kind of still on this topic, do you ever wonder if other people taste completely different things to you, even when it's the same food you eat? So for instance, depending on the sensetivity of your tastebuds or whatever, you might really like cheese and onion crisps while someone else hates them. This has often left me confused, because I always used to think that we would both be tasting the exact same thing, but are we? Or are we feeling 2 completely different sensations in our mouths?
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time