Toribash
Pre ordered it a while ago, so hyped, Moataz you should post the new footage that has been released.
I will paste the link here for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AVmI73va4g
Also, the trailer I just linked you is one of four trailers set to come soon.
They are really building hype since release is nearing.
Good day
yea i saw the new trailer but the thing is i couldn't post because I didnt pass the 24 hours.
but anyways this trailer shows that the game is improved and it got variety in planets and stuff, we also got double moons apparently which is great too.
This game would have been groundbreaking 15 or even 10 years ago, but now it's a little disappointing. The environments tend to look really generic, and the animals too. It's very uninspired for a game of this scope. I know that being procedurally generated means they can't really do anything too exciting, but when they advertise 18 quintillion planets or whatever, but show off basically the same landscape in 8 colour schemes (each with generic animal analogues of what we can see on Earth) it's bland to say the least.

What's worse is there are people such as the above reddit post talking it up without any apparent source backing them up: "This blob could be anything from a foot long, to hundreds of feet long, it doesn’t just have to have four legs, and it doesn’t even need to have the same proportions." well where is this in the trailers huh...

I'm really hoping this game turns out to be good, because it looks nice, but I'm struggling to see it Maybe they just do an absolutely terrible job at showing this game off in trailers.

EDIT: Plus I heard that it's going to be >$50 which seems a bit insane. I don't know how they will justify it, but I know that a lot of people have preordered it before even seeing any real gameplay. How many times do people have to get burned...
Last edited by wibblefox; Jul 15, 2016 at 01:16 PM.
It does look like a game that will get boring fast, unfortunately.
The life and variety of planets and things to do looks limited. Not a fan of the graphics either.
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Didn't see this posted, here's more info

http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-1...ions-answered/

So the game is huge and procedural generated, moreover it is degenerated when you leave the area so there's no chance of finding something left by another player. And because of the size it will be near impossible to play with friends without a huge time sink.

Originally Posted by Moataz View Post
the devs didn't show you everything so you can get bored so fast..

So they intentionally made the game look boring? I'm not sure it's the /best/ marketing strategy I've ever heard of, but maybe after release when there is some good gameplay footage it will start to gain traction.

I can't imagine many people will want to buy the game as seen from the trailers and interviews.
uhh, Not because they want to make their market strategy boring, but because they didn't show you everything you have seen.
(if you want to try the game to see if its good or not, why don't you torrent it? I know its bad but its a way to try the game)
Originally Posted by wibblefox View Post
So the game is huge and procedural generated, moreover it is degenerated when you leave the area so there's no chance of finding something left by another player. And because of the size it will be near impossible to play with friends without a huge time sink.

You didn't understand (or didn't read) on that section properly.

It will be generated the same as it was when you arrived, same creatures, planet, etc. All your discoveries will remain intact, but all the holes you made while mining won't.

Another part of the $59 price tag is that the devs plan to continually update the game with free content, no paid DLC.

Originally Posted by Mallymkun View Post
It does look like a game that will get boring fast, unfortunately.

Well its not a game for everybody. If you don't like exploring and discovering, perhaps a game that revolves around exploring and discovering isn't for you.

The life and variety of planets and things to do looks limited.

Not sure how you'd expect them to show every single creature and planet when they are procedurally generated

Not a fan of the graphics either.

eh, to each his own on this one.

Lets also not forget they haven't even really shown any sort of trailer for the combat apart from snips here and there. It's mostly been focused around exploration so far.
Last edited by Hush; Jul 16, 2016 at 04:14 PM.
FIRED UP