Ranking
He makes a very good point. The days of execution being a public show where the peasants gathered in a crowd to watch a good hanging are gone (since a few hundred years, infact), and why execution still has to be carried out in a brutal fashion similar to medieval times is beyond me. The argument behind capital punishment is to remove these people from society, and so, as far as i can see, there's no reason why it shouldn't be done while they're asleep under an anesthetic, allowing them to perhaps serve a better purpose than they ever did while alive.
first of all, i think the main idea is good.
but im scared that judges will sentence even more people to death because they know it could save others.
AND with this, big money comes to the game, and anything connected to big money money gets dirty somedayXD
.....German Underground
I think, that death row inmates willing to give away their organs should be aloud to. This elliminates people recieving the death row just for their organs.
I would be all for this, but I'm against the death penalty. But yes, this is much better than just killing them.
T1cux: clan have eggs.
Originally Posted by JesseD View Post
I think, that death row inmates willing to give away their organs should be aloud to. This elliminates people recieving the death row just for their organs.

yeah, most death row inmates are known for their generosity and kindness. especially since whatever government governs them wants to not only kill them, they want to scavenge their inards like vultures.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
So, they could sleep them and take their organs? To save other people from prisoners that will die. Yeah, good idea, they will do something better from dying in a violent way.
OSHI - AM - TRG
RAKU
wow. Well, i dont think that they should be doing this. For one, its not really that nice... I think it is nicer for them to be shocked. Usually, they die almost instantly. When they are getting surgery for their organs being taken out, they are still pretty concious. A part of your mind stays concious even when doctors say he/she is unconcious.

I think it is also a smart idea because people that need those specific organs can live.

Im so confused...
[Hunters] Look down retard... [Hunters]
You try to get away, yet you only make it quicker.
This idea, is straight up logical. This would save so many lives. Think about the purity of the organs, given that they were in a smokeless, drugless environment.
Originally Posted by xXWolverineWepXx View Post
wow. Well, i dont think that they should be doing this. For one, its not really that nice... I think it is nicer for them to be shocked. Usually, they die almost instantly.

You should watch the movie "green mile" ;)

If i were on death row, i would much rather be hanged, or shot in the head, or stomped to death by midgets or have my head chopped off by guillotine than be electrocuted. Being fried to death while emptying my bowels uncontrollably just doesn't sit well with me.

When they are getting surgery for their organs being taken out, they are still pretty concious. A part of your mind stays concious even when doctors say he/she is unconcious.

What do you know about it?
I've been under surgeon's scalpel once, because i had peritonitis due to rupture of inflamed appendix (damn useless organ) and was an inch from death. I didn't feel a thing during surgery.

PS: technically, harvesting the organs of death row inmates is a very utilitarian solution, and could be a real way for serious criminals to redeem themselves in face of society. As in....take life - give lives to others.
My only concern lies with the potential abuse of this system and judges "rushing" people on death row.
Last edited by Odlov; Jan 30, 2010 at 09:07 PM.